Vegas Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas Tourney

I am driving up to Vegas for the Tourney Nov 19th. Anyone else going? Any fun Shockers pregame shenanigans in Vegas or maybe an official pep band rally at team hotel?

Bought our tickets in March. Were really looking forward to it. Now we both have health issues and are not going to go. Gettin old ain't for sissies.

Comment

I will be there with 5 others. We are staying at NY/NY. Don’t know anything about Vegas. 1st time visit.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
        I will be there with 5 others. We are staying at NY/NY. Don’t know anything about Vegas. 1st time visit.
        Vegas is just about like Wichita, just a bit larger. Very little difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Vegas is just about like Wichita, just a bit larger. Very little difference.
          Funny man!

Comment

You will have fun. Been there over 60 times, mostly for work. Best gambling odds are off the strip I think, but best scenery and coolest things to do are on the strip.

Will be cool to see some yellow and black walking around.

Comment

Don’t know anything about Vegas. 1st time visit.
              You ain't gonna believe this ****.

Comment

Arizona's 2021-22 nonconference opponents - Arizona Daily Star

Bruce Pascoe Oct 30, 2021
                Updated 6 hrs ago

Date/time/TV: 8 p.m., ESPNU

Game location: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas

Series history: UA is 1-2 against Wichita State, with the teams defending their home courts in a pair of 1950s games. In the last matchup, the Shockers beat the Wildcats 65-55 in the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament.

Coach: Isaac Brown (16-6 in one year at Wichita State and overall).

Last season: 16-6 overall; 11-2 American Athletic (1st)

Go-to guy: G Tyson Etienne (Jr., 16.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.5 apg).

Other key returnees: F Morris Udeze (Jr., 10.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg), G Dexter Dennis (9.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg), G Ricky Council (So., 7.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg), F Monzy Jackson (Jr., 5.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg)

Key newcomers: F Joe Pleasant (Jr., Abilene Christian transfer, 10.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg), G Qua Grant (Jr., D-II transfer), C Kenny Pohte (freshman from Sweden).

Upside: Brown steered the Shockers through a rough transition, with previous head coach Gregg Marshall resigning in November 2020 in the wake of investigation into verbal and physical abuse. The Shockers won the AAC regular-season title while Brown was named the league’s coach of the year — and then Etienne opted to return after testing the NBA Draft.

Downside: Plenty of talent returns but six newcomers could make it tougher for Brown to mesh this group. Shockers were also one of D-I’s worst 2-point shooting teams, making just 44.6% of their shots within the arc last season.

He said it: “I like what we’ve got right now. We gotta play fast. I keep telling our team, `In order to be a good offensive team, you’ve got to push the ball in transition. You don’t want to go against a set defense all the time. … We got a lot of guys who can get out and run. They can jump, they can handle the ball.” — Brown, after Wichita State’s preseason “Shocker Madness.”

Comment

Not to get ahead of things, I know there is a game tonight, but I was just looking at Arizona's roster and I think the Shocks might be in trouble Friday. They are very big. We better hope the 3 ball is falling or it might be a blow out. MU will be giving up 4-5" at center and they have a 6-11 F that appears to be their best player. They are good shot blockers also.

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
                    Not to get ahead of things, I know there is a game tonight, but I was just looking at Arizona's roster and I think the Shocks might be in trouble Friday. They are very big. We better hope the 3 ball is falling or it might be a blow out. MU will be giving up 4-5" at center and they have a 6-11 F that appears to be their best player. They are good shot blockers also.
                    Another reason I'd love to see Abbide on the court to see how ready he may be to help in such scenarios as he could provide a lengthy and athletic option in that type of game. Plus he could be a mismatch in others. Maybe he's not ready, but if he were to get there, it would add another dimension to what we could do.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, yeah, where have I heard that before.

Comment

Shox can barely beat Jax State and S. Alabama at home, saying we might be in trouble is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Another reason I'd love to see Abbide on the court to see how ready he may be to help in such scenarios as he could provide a lengthy and athletic option in that type of game. Plus he could be a mismatch in others. Maybe he's not ready, but if he were to get there, it would add another dimension to what we could do.
                          Thinking a little bit further ahead perhaps it would be better to hold Abbide out until we see how the Tre King lottery works out. If we did snag Mr. King and he is able to play in the 2nd semester perhaps a redshirt year would be the best way for Abbide to go this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Thinking a little bit further ahead perhaps it would be better to hold Abbide out until we see how the Tre King lottery works out. If we did snag Mr. King and he is able to play in the 2nd semester perhaps a redshirt year would be the best way for Abbide to go this year.

Abidde would have to want to redshirt, which doesn't seem to be the case at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Abidde would have to want to redshirt, which doesn't seem to be the case at this point.
                              That's the point. Would that be the case if we get Mr. King and he can play immediately?

Comment

Working...
                              X