Today is the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the Day

Gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Shocker law. And by Shocker law we will stand and fight. A new age has begun. An age of Marshall Law! Today we celebrate. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Shocker fans. And while you're at it, shower those roses upon the heads of this special team, this wonderful group of coaches, this historic group of Seniors. Savor each second of this glorious day. Get there early. Leave late. Let the sights and sounds soak into your soul, for we deserve this. Today we celebrate with 10,506 of our yellow and black clad brothers and sisters.

Prepare for glory, friends! And give thanks to Marshall and his determined warriors! TO VICTORY!
    Attached Files

Good morning Shockerland!

Time for a little pre-pre-pre easy listening music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrJd...eature=related

Go Shockers!!!!

Comment

Yes!!!! To VICTORY!!!

Comment

If our team is as pumped as we are this is gonna be a 30 point rout no matter how deep the bench goes. Vautravers gets his share today!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Imho, today is about more than today. As we cheer our guys today, and they provide us with those wonderful moments of glory, celebrate the accomplishment and reward the achievement with your thunder, but do not forget to pay homage to those that paved the way for this team to be successful.

Remember the sacrifices made by players, coaches and administrators that helped to make today possible.

To that end, let me say thank you and congratulations to a few people that I want to recognize today.

Thank you to Jim Schaus for having the guts and foresight to hire Gregg Marshall.

Thank you to Marty Gross for helping to develop the big men and for your tireless efforts behind the scenes for 4 seasons.

Thank you to past players and coaches for laying the groundwork, whether in success or defeat, to get to this point. Rome was not built in a day. Guys like Jason Perez who gave everything he had to this program and will be there today are as big a part of WSU as anyone.

Thank you to last year's seniors J.T. Durley, Aaron Ellis, Gabe Blair and Derek Brown for bringing the team together and showing everyone what it takes to be champions.

And finally, thank you to Graham Hatch for showing all of us what heart and determination can do and what leadership can accomplish. Without you, this team never gets there.

Today is just as much about these guys as it is about today's team. Remember these people, and if you happen to see any of them here today, don't hesitate to thank them in person and congratulate them. It's their day of celebration just as much as it is anyone else's.

Have fun today folks....days like this don't come along that often. Live the moment.

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!

Comment

@WuDrWu:, you forgot Ramon. He brought the swag back to this program and helped establish the attitude that now flows from the Roundhouse.

Comment

WSU will honor the seniors at 12:19 today, approximately 20 minutes before tip-off.

Comment

Great post DrWu.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  @WuDrWu:, you forgot Ramon. He brought the swag back to this program and helped establish the attitude that now flows from the Roundhouse.
                  Especially when other recruits were bailing right and left.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Imho, today is about more than today. As we cheer our guys today, and they provide us with those wonderful moments of glory, celebrate the accomplishment and reward the achievement with your thunder, but do not forget to pay homage to those that paved the way for this team to be successful.

Remember the sacrifices made by players, coaches and administrators that helped to make today possible.

To that end, let me say thank you and congratulations to a few people that I want to recognize today.

Thank you to Jim Schaus for having the guts and foresight to hire Gregg Marshall.

Thank you to Marty Gross for helping to develop the big men and for your tireless efforts behind the scenes for 4 seasons.

Thank you to past players and coaches for laying the groundwork, whether in success or defeat, to get to this point. Rome was not built in a day. Guys like Jason Perez who gave everything he had to this program and will be there today are as big a part of WSU as anyone.

Thank you to last year's seniors J.T. Durley, Aaron Ellis, Gabe Blair and Derek Brown for bringing the team together and showing everyone what it takes to be champions.

And finally, thank you to Graham Hatch for showing all of us what heart and determination can do and what leadership can accomplish. Without you, this team never gets there.

Today is just as much about these guys as it is about today's team. Remember these people, and if you happen to see any of them here today, don't hesitate to thank them in person and congratulate them. It's their day of celebration just as much as it is anyone else's.

Have fun today folks....days like this don't come along that often. Live the moment.

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!

Very well said, Doc.

Comment

I cant stop tearing up. Im so proud of our guys. I always get this way on Senior Day but this so much different.

Thank you!

Comment

I envy those who can be at the game. Great times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                          Gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Shocker law. And by Shocker law we will stand and fight. A new age has begun. An age of Marshall Law! Today we celebrate. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Shocker fans. And while you're at it, shower those roses upon the heads of this special team, this wonderful group of coaches, this historic group of Seniors. Savor each second of this glorious day. Get there early. Leave late. Let the sights and sounds soak into your soul, for we deserve this. Today we celebrate with 10,506 of our yellow and black clad brothers and sisters.

Prepare for glory, friends! And give thanks to Marshall and his determined warriors! TO VICTORY!
                          Sports fans are so silly. (But I love your enthusiasm!!)
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

E

Not everybody in Wichita got the memo that Today is the Shocker's day.

After attending the basketball and the baseball doubleheader today, I took my mom out to dinner. Unfortunatley we walk into THE EL MEXICO CAFE on South Seneca and they have a sign as you walk in that says "Congratulations Jayhawks". I am not sure what the Jayhawks did today to deserve congratulations, I guess they must have beaten Missouri today (I knew they were playing sometime this weekend). But I thought today was the Shockers day.

I was offended by the sign, so when the gal came over to seat us I told her we changed our minds. She said "oh were not that busy". I told her that wasn't why we were leaving. I said we were leaving because I was offended by their sign.

Now if the sign had said "Congratulations Shockers and Jayhawks", I could have accepted that. But no acknowledgment of the local team is something I can't accept.

I do not intend to ever eat at EL MEXICO CAFE again. It won't be easy, we go there at least once a week. Hopefully they will notice we aren't going there anymore and get the message.

Comment

That stinks.

At least Channel 12 tonight (the top rated news channel) on their 10 pm sports led with the Shockers and gave us a lot of love. They also gave quite a bit of coverage to the Shockers two baseball wins tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X