Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There's a reason the scoring is supposed to be kept private;
    Sherlock - the scoring wasn't kept quiet and was actually given out, so It not clear what your point is.

Stats on Wichita State-Texas Tech men’s basketball scrimmage | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Sherlock - the scoring wasn't kept quiet and was actually given out, so It not clear what your point is.

Stats on Wichita State-Texas Tech men’s basketball scrimmage | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)
      Because historically the stats were kept secret and reporters were forbidden to report data. Apparently they aren't enforcing the rule anymore because the fanbases have accepted the fact that the scores mean nothing. Except apparently, on Shockernet.

Comment

Yes, the “scores” are more readily available now than in the past. That doesn’t change the fact that these scrimmages aren’t designed to be a competition in the same way as regular season games that count towards an overall record.

When the only goal is to win, it’s human nature to just do the things you know you’re good at. Players and teams don’t improve by just doing the things they’re already good at.

The goal of practice, which is essentially what these closed scrimmages are, is to work on and improve areas of weakness even if (maybe especially) that means failing.

Comment

Did Taylor say how long the scrimmage was when TT scored 52 points? If it was 20 minutes (which is equal to a half), then its a good chance that whoever played didn’t play good defense. That’s Fairly obvious, although perhaps, an incomplete picture. Perhaps a good teaching opportunity.

Comment

Cold, that is a well thought out, well spoken, articulate objection!
            OVERRULED!!!

Comment

someone needs to send out a press release to all the pollsters. We need to be dropped down to #100 since we lost one of a three part scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                someone needs to send out a press release to all the pollsters. We need to be dropped down to #100 since we lost one of a three part scrimmage.
                One of your best posts.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Because historically the stats were kept secret and reporters were forbidden to report data. Apparently they aren't enforcing the rule anymore.
                  These have been going on since 2005 and the rules are very simple, there is nothing "forbidding reporters" .....

Here are the rules.

1. They have to be conducted in privacy, meaning only the required members of the athletic department that are needed to conduct the scrimmage are allowed in [e.g. no media or boosters].

2. The program cannot publicize the event. It cannot be on their schedule.

3. Head coaches cannot talk about the scrimmage. But reporters can ask the coaches question, and then they can talk about it. I suppose if assistant coaches leak the information, it still meets the letter of the law.

4. No "official" stats can be taken, but they take unofficial stats and those are "leaked".

5. Media cannot attend (see #1), but obviously doesn't preclude passing information informally to the reporter(s).

How well the "secret scrimmages" are covered is dependent on how much people care.

Comment

This is the longest discussion I have seen on an event that no one saw, watched highlights of or listened to on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      This is the longest discussion I have seen on an event that no one saw, watched highlights of or listened to on the radio.
                      LMAO. My Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

and I would add, means less than what people believe!

Comment

I blame it on the lack of practice reports

Comment

Uhhhh, last year's temporary suspension of a head coach?

Comment

I blame it on the lack of practice reports
                              You are probably right. The spirited discussion means we are ready for the season to start.

Comment

"We talkin' about scrimmage? Not a game. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game. We talkin' about scrimmage, man?" -- Allen Iverson when asked about Shockernet's discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X