Vegas Line . . . would you? . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas Line . . . would you? . . .

I am not in Vegas - but, if I was - the current line is WSU -17 1/2.

Would you buy into the fact that if we are up by 17 or more with say, 5 minutes left (or 4 - whatever) - HCGM might like to give his boys a rest, pull them out to crowd appreciation, and the 2nd line, Bless their dedicated hearts, just might see a few buckets scored on them in the last few minutes?

Bottom line - would you take WSU - 17 1/2 for $100? or Puppies +17 1/2?
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

WSU for $100.

Gregg calls off the dogs with six minutes left and we are up 30.

Comment

That's a huge opening line. I think taking Drake would be a safer bet. If I did take Drake, it wouldn't break my heart to lose my money after the game in Des Moines.

Comment

I don't see this game being close. And the younger guys are capable of keeping the lead up there.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
          I am not in Vegas - but, if I was - the current line is WSU -17 1/2.

Would you buy into the fact that if we are up by 17 or more with say, 5 minutes left (or 4 - whatever) - HCGM might like to give his boys a rest, pull them out to crowd appreciation, and the 2nd line, Bless their dedicated hearts, just might see a few buckets scored on them in the last few minutes?

Bottom line - would you take WSU - 17 1/2 for $100? or Puppies +17 1/2?
          If I have a choice I wouldn't do either. Could easily go either way. If I was forced to I would probably take Drake and the points. Having to win by 18 is a lot to ask. I'll just take a win by any margin.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 24, 2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Everytime I have thought the line was way to big this year the Shox have about doubled the line. I think this one is kind of big, so I guess WSU will win by about 40....
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

@ 17.5...........you take Drake

Comment

That's an insane line. It's born out of a popular betting team (WSU) that's now getting lots of attention against a not so popular team getting no attention.

The line should be 10-13 at most. It just tells you where the money is going.

Comment

Ken Pomeroy has us as a 20 point favorite with an over under of 136, Massey has as a 16 point favorite with a 138 over under. I don't think it too far out of line but I won't bet it either way.

Comment

Betting Line:

The Wichita State Shockers are still 17-point favorites over the visiting Drake Bulldogs.

Power Rankings / Prediction:

The Shockers - Bulldogs odds would favor the Shockers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Wichita State is rated No. 5 in the current Odds Shark poll, while Drake is at No. 193. Mathematical models based on recent stats and predictive formulas point to a 84-70 win for the Shockers.

How They Match Up:

Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers as Wichita State has the nation's No. 19-rated offensive output, at 78.2 PPG. The visiting Bulldogs defense ranks No. 169 allowing on average 66.7 PPG. The Shockers FG% has averaged 49.1% so far, more than the Bulldogs marksmen have achieved on the year, 44.7% per game. Defensively, Drake features the nation's No. 170-rated defense on the road, allowing 69.7 points per game. Wichita State, meanwhile, comes in at No. 31 nationally in scoring at home.

Betting Fun Facts

Drake Bulldogs Trends:

When playing on Saturday are 1-9
                    After playing Southern Illinois are 6-4
                    After a win are 5-5

Wichita State Shockers Trends:
                    When playing on Saturday are 8-2
                    After playing Illinois State are 6-4
                    After a win are 9-1

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Betting Line:

The Wichita State Shockers are still 17-point favorites over the visiting Drake Bulldogs.

Power Rankings / Prediction:

The Shockers - Bulldogs odds would favor the Shockers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Wichita State is rated No. 5 in the current Odds Shark poll, while Drake is at No. 193. Mathematical models based on recent stats and predictive formulas point to a 84-70 win for the Shockers.

How They Match Up:

Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers as Wichita State has the nation's No. 19-rated offensive output, at 78.2 PPG. The visiting Bulldogs defense ranks No. 169 allowing on average 66.7 PPG. The Shockers FG% has averaged 49.1% so far, more than the Bulldogs marksmen have achieved on the year, 44.7% per game. Defensively, Drake features the nation's No. 170-rated defense on the road, allowing 69.7 points per game. Wichita State, meanwhile, comes in at No. 31 nationally in scoring at home.

Betting Fun Facts

Drake Bulldogs Trends:

When playing on Saturday are 1-9
                      After playing Southern Illinois are 6-4
                      After a win are 5-5

After a win are 9-1
                      Well done - Facts are our friends - OK - my symbolic $100 will go on WSU -17. I'll let you know how it turns out . . .
                      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Gambling rule #1. Never bet on teams you have an emotional attachment to. Okay, well i may have bet on a Cessna Classic game once, but the Shox had John Smith and were only giving 2.5!!!
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

After a win are 9-1
                          Reaper, I always enjoy your betting facts, but forgive my ignorance. I'm not a gambler and I don't understand "After playing Illinois State are 6-4"? The Shocks have lost only once since the first IllSt game and zero times after the last time. How is the record 6-4 after playing IllSt derived? Is that vs. the spread? Are all the other reccords shown vs. the spread?

Thanks, --'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                            Reaper, I always enjoy your betting facts, but forgive my ignorance. I'm not a gambler and I don't understand "After playing Illinois State are 6-4"? The Shocks have lost only once since the first IllSt game and zero times after the last time. How is the record 6-4 after playing IllSt derived? Is that vs. the spread? Are all the other reccords shown vs. the spread?

Thanks, --'85.
                            I really don't put the information together I just copy what I think is relevant. I am guessing that it is the games right after playing that particular team. So if you look over the last four or five seasons, after playing right after Illinois State we are 6 wins and four losses.

Comment

I really don't put the information together I just copy what I think is relevant. I am guessing that it is the games right after playing that particular team. So if you look over the last four or five seasons, after playing right after Illinois State we are 6 wins and four losses.
                              Ok. I hadn't thought about the information spanning back prior to this season. Just curious in case anyone knows for sure.

--'85.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                              X