Old Wichita East gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Wichita East gym

Mods - sorry if I'm breaking rules and no prob moving to another forum, but this is where the traffic is and I figure everyone is bored in the offseason.

Shockenetters - especially old City Leaguers - does anyone have a good old picture or video of Wichita East's (the original Wichita High) gymnasium? I ran across an old newspaper clipping from my first high school game, and I was trying to explain to a Houston friend how they never played in any place like that, let alone in their first game.

Packed balcony, fans directly over the sidelines and baselines, shouting and directly in your line of sight on every shot. Bonkers.

With all of the crap on the internet, I assumed there would be some great shots but there is nothing I can find and I don't know what else to search for beyond "old original wichita east wichita high basketball gym".

While we're at it in the offseason, I would love to hear some great stories from SNers about their favorite CL games and experiences. Tyrone Shoelace - give it to me! Who bit on the cross the most - Ricky Ross, Doc Holden, or Darnell Valentine?

My contribution - if you got a problem being nervous in your first HS game, don't play against Adrian Griffin at Wichita East on a Friday night. I was so terrified of doing something wrong, I took a contested 3 the first time I touched the ball (it didn't go in, and yes I was tempted to say nothing but net).

Peace and Chicken Grease,

Good News

Originally posted by Good News View Post
    Mods - sorry if I'm breaking rules and no prob moving to another forum, but this is where the traffic is and I figure everyone is bored in the offseason.

Shockenetters - especially old City Leaguers - does anyone have a good old picture or video of Wichita East's (the original Wichita High) gymnasium? I ran across an old newspaper clipping from my first high school game, and I was trying to explain to a Houston friend how they never played in any place like that, let alone in their first game.

Packed balcony, fans directly over the sidelines and baselines, shouting and directly in your line of sight on every shot. Bonkers.

With all of the crap on the internet, I assumed there would be some great shots but there is nothing I can find and I don't know what else to search for beyond "old original wichita east wichita high basketball gym".

While we're at it in the offseason, I would love to hear some great stories from SNers about their favorite CL games and experiences. Tyrone Shoelace - give it to me! Who bit on the cross the most - Ricky Ross, Doc Holden, or Darnell Valentine?

My contribution - if you got a problem being nervous in your first HS game, don't play against Adrian Griffin at Wichita East on a Friday night. I was so terrified of doing something wrong, I took a contested 3 the first time I touched the ball (it didn't go in, and yes I was tempted to say nothing but net).

Peace and Chicken Grease,

Good News
    Check your PM

Comment

Working...
    X