WSU Baseball vs ECU: ​

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke Winn says WSU one of eight teams capable of winning a National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Winn says WSU one of eight teams capable of winning a National Championship

Wow. Luke Winn says the National Championship will be won by one of these eight teams: Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio State, Syracuse, or WICHITA STATE
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

That piece appeared a day or two ago. I wonder if he would still include UNM?

Comment

This is getting ridiculous!

Comment

We have been jinxed x1000 over the past week.

Comment

Boy it sure is hard to be a Cinderella when you are already invited to the ball with open arms.

Comment

Michigan?

Comment

Having expectations isn't so bad. If your goal is to be a perennial player at the national level (i.e. Gonzaga) then you will need to get used to the spotlight. This year's team seems pretty comfortable with these high expectations and being in the spotlight. The success that Non-BCS schools have enjoyed in the NCAA Tournament in recent years makes these kind of predictions much more reasonable then they might have been previous to the recent successes.

Also, many of the pundits are kind playing a little CYA with a prediction like this gentlemen is making. If one of his Big Boys wins it he can say "See I told you!". If WSU or UNM makes a run to the Final Four he can say "See I told you!".

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                Michigan?
                He has probably picked the 4 teams he really thinks will be in the Final Four and then added 4 long shots so he looks smart if one them get's on a roll and makes to the final weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  He has probably picked the 4 teams he really thinks will be in the Final Four and then added 4 long shots so he looks smart if one them get's on a roll and makes to the final weekend.
                  So you're saying North Carolina, Michigan,Syracuse and Ohio State are longshots.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    So you're saying North Carolina, Michigan,Syracuse and Ohio State are longshots.
                    Well played! :highly_amused:

Comment

The Eight Ball fears the Upset Curse is still lingering in Lawrence, potentially spelling second-weekend doom for a team with the nation's best player (Thomas Robinson) and a championship-caliber defense.
                      Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1n9adrK2t
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The upset curse is still lingering in Lawrence.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          The upset curse is still lingering in Lawrence.
                          KU hopes to see no non-BCS schools in it's draw.
                          Last edited by Zardoz; February 22, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Amazing...a couple of weeks again we couldn't even get ranked. Now people have us as a Final Four or National Champion candidate. Go figure.

Comment

The best "midmajor" in the tempo free stat era (since 2003). Thats what he is basing his choice on.

Comment

Working...
                              X