Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC 12 and C-USA Leap Frog Valley in Conference Standings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
    We need 2 more wins to have a protected seed!!! And we need to least be in the Championship Game in St. Louis.
    So that means we go 4-1, I personally think we have to go 5-0 to get that (3-5) protected seed.
    I believe this team is capable and will pull this off.

Comment

We don't really know how many wins we need to get a protected seed because:

1. We don't know exactly how the committee sees WSU right now.
      2. There is still plenty of time for teams ahead of us (whatever that means to the committee) to lose bad games.
      3. There is still plenty of time for teams behind us (whatever that means to the committee) to win big games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I think we need two more wins to be comfortably in.
        No way, love ya, but we are in. Now if we lay an egg three times in a row, we will be a double digit seed, but still in.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          After all we've been told by the committees and after all the mock selections that have gone on, anyone who still thinks conference standings or conference performance matters in the selection process are simply refusing to remove their tinfoil hat.

That said, I'm going to put my tinfoil hat on for a moment as I harp on how ESPN decided to present the MVC's BracketBuster performance. Using the same sentence quoted in the OP:

Let's think through this a moment. With 10 participating teams an event like this would be expected to produce a record of 5-5. The MVC only did one game below the expected outcome, finishing 4-6. But to make it look worse, their 5-loss mistake notwithstanding, they present the record without the WSU and CU wins, making the MVC look even worse.

I know the reality is that the MVC should have probably gone 6-4 or better, given how well it performed in the non-con relative to the other participating conferences. But one look at the conference standings would show that outside of WSU, CU and BU, everyone else would be unpredictable.

Maybe the intent was just to say the MVC let WSU and CU, who took care of business, down. But they could have presented it better.

[/tinfoilhat]
          The worst thing about the Valley's performance is it caused me to root for Creighton just for the league to save some face. Had the conference been 6-3 going into that last game, I would've had a LBSU shirt and Dirtbag hat on.
          Last edited by shoxlax; February 22, 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

We are up to a five seed in Lunardi's S curve: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...shifts-s-curve

WSU is #18, which is only two spots from a #4 seed. Creighton drops to a 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by dTm View Post
              You're making an attempt at humor right? What info could you possibly be looking at to come to that conclusion?
              You're right two wins is probably a little paranoid. Perhaps as the great majority believe we are in regardless how we finish. Which is comforting, although if the Shocks lose to Illinois State (#125), Drake (#131) and say SIU (#240) maybe things could get a little dicey. I suppose the chances of that happening are so remote to make it not even worth contemplating. However, I will feel better with 1 more win. Can you give me that?

Comment

Working...
              X