Memorabilia Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorabilia Question

I aquired a NIT Basketball signed by the seniors from last yr ,, So my question is ,, should I / Would it ruin or make better if I got the seniors from this team ( after the season) to sign it , and again the next yr ect ect until I have the whole team from the NIT game on it ? Or is it better off left as is ?
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

I would think you would be better off leaving it as is. Call Joe Rocco at Rock's Dugout if you want an expert's opinion.

Comment

Surprisingly, I don't think such memorabilia will be worth any substantial amount of money. As a Shocker fan, I'd just do what you like with it. I'm assuming it's to keep it, and not to make it's value higher, so just do what makes you happy.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

As a person with a lot of Shocker ****...I'd leave it as is.

Comment

I was just trying to imagine watching an episode of Pawn Stars and thinking what would happen if an NIT souvenir basketball showed up with signatures from some guys playing in Spain and Greece. The only thing I could foresee as an outcome would be that they'd offer about $10 and then use the ball to shoot hoops for a bet on who had to wash everybody else's cars after work.

Now, if it were an actual game ball from the NIT Championship game - and that could be authenticated. And if LeBron James had been in that game, and LeBron Jaes had signed the ball - then there would be some value to a memorabilia collector.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I was just trying to imagine watching an episode of Pawn Stars and thinking what would happen if an NIT souvenir basketball showed up with signatures from some guys playing in Spain and Greece. The only thing I could foresee as an outcome would be that they'd offer about $10 and then use the ball to shoot hoops for a bet on who had to wash everybody else's cars after work.

Now, if it were an actual game ball from the NIT Championship game - and that could be authenticated. And if LeBron James had been in that game, and LeBron Jaes had signed the ball - then there would be some value to a memorabilia collector.
            "I'm really interested in this item, but I don't know much about it. I've got a buddy who's an expert in basketballs signed by the 2011 Wichita State NIT championship team, so I'm going to give them a call."
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
              "I'm really interested in this item, but I don't know much about it. I've got a buddy who's an expert in basketballs signed by the 2011 Wichita State NIT championship team, so I'm going to give them a call."
              "I'm Matt from ShockerNet, and I'm an expert on Shocker Memorabilia, Rick and I have been friends for a few years. Well this is a great piece of Shocker lore, and any Shocker fan would love to have it. I put the value as priceless. The only thing I wish to change about my life is that I wish I was the firearm expert so I could go shoot a cannon in the desert with Chumlee."
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                "I'm Matt from ShockerNet, and I'm an expert on Shocker Memorabilia, Rick and I have been friends for a few years. Well this is a great piece of Shocker lore, and any Shocker fan would love to have it. I put the value as priceless. The only thing I wish to change about my life is that I wish I was the firearm expert so I could go shoot a cannon in the desert with Chumlee."
                I got a great laugh out of that one.

Comment

Working...
                X