Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking ahead...the next great Wichita kid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead...the next great Wichita kid...

...after Ellis and Frankamp...I don't know who it is, but it would be great to have them stay home!

Any thoughts on who that might be?

I think if we knew we would've heard about them by now. We started tracking Ellis when he was in 8th grade. The next Ellis may not even be born yet.

Comment

Evan Wessel.

Comment

ok, I'll bite...do you see Evan making a great contribution in his time, beyond being a role player? I seriously don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          ok, I'll bite...do you see Evan making a great contribution in his time, beyond being a role player? I seriously don't know...
          That depends on what you thought about Graham Hatch. EW > GH

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            Nah, just merely a role player.

There ya go, Evan, there's your bulletin board material. Go get 'em.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

As my wife would say: "Let me check my crystal ball..."

Do I think he is capable of doing some great things here? Absolutely. He strikes me as the kind of guy who works hard, knows he must pay his dues and will be given every opportunity to be a significant contributor. In the few minutes he has played all season, he has played unselfishly, taken some good shots (and subsequently made a few, too). I just want to see him in action against a team that we aren't beating by 20 to see how he performs when there is some big time pressure.

Comment

I guess I missed the question. Evan is older than Conner and Perry, so I didn't consder him the "next Perry Ellis". I was thinking more in terms of the next great Wichita player, not just the next D1 caliber player. There have been many D1 players, but the Perry Ellis' of the world come around only once every 15 or 20 years. I would call Maurice Evans, Taj Gray, and Korleone Young all very good talents and they were 10+ years ago.

Comment

Surprisingly, I think Frankamp will end up being a better talent than Ellis. As to who the next big star from Wichita is.... I like the response earlier in the thread that they might not have even been born yet. Pretty sure that Frankamp and Ellis weren't born, or were babies when Mo Evans played here.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

My brother has officiated both Perry and Conner and believes Conner is the better talent. I've only had Conner so can't really comment.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Too bad Dave Stallworth didn't have more kids and grandkids.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Doesn't Perry have a younger brother?

Comment

A couple of things...I really was kind of looking to kids who are not juniors or seniors...and I certainly did not mean to taint Evan as a 'role player'...I did not see
                          him enough to know how high his ceiling is....but I would guess it's PROBABLY safe to say that both Ellis and Frankamp will play more than Evan has this year...
                          maybe because it's become tougher to crack the Shocker lineup!!!:)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            My brother has officiated both Perry and Conner and believes Conner is the better talent. I've only had Conner so can't really comment.
                            I can buy this, right now he can get away with it and he has time to grow, but he definitely needs to get his current 160 lb frame beefed up when he goes to college.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                              Doesn't Perry have a younger brother?
                              Yes, I believe he has two and they both play. I've already heard some good things about one of them but certainly not at the level of Perry. Sorry, I can't remember his first name off the top of my head.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X