The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      TE
      DD
      RCIV
      JP
      MU
      The thing I question with this lineup is who is the secondary ball handler?

It’s not DD or MU. I doubt it’s JP. I’m not sure if RCIV is that kind of player yet (or ever will be).

Not saying the lineup can’t work or we won’t ever see it but I think it makes the most sense to almost always have 2 of Tyson, Porter and Grant on the court. Similar to the way we used to rotate FVV, Baker, Conner or Shamet, Reaves, Samaje.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

It’s not DD or MU. I doubt it’s JP. I’m not sure if RCIV is that kind of player yet (or ever will be).

Not saying the lineup can’t work or we won’t ever see it but I think it makes the most sense to almost always have 2 of Tyson, Porter and Grant on the court. Similar to the way we used to rotate FVV, Baker, Conner or Shamet, Reaves, Samaje.
        Fair point. I hadn't fully considered that.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I am in no way saying Ricky is a 2 man, but he did flash some ability to push the ball up the court, and, sometimes in the half-court from the wing. He definitely made some nifty passes too.

Actually, he's pretty much flashed ability all over the court, except center. I hope he works h-a-r-d this Summer. Is it obvious I'm a fan of his?

Comment

I think RC4 can play at the 2

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I am in no way saying Ricky is a 2 man, but he did flash some ability to push the ball up the court, and, sometimes in the half-court from the wing. He definitely made some nifty passes too.

Actually, he's pretty much flashed ability all over the court, except center. I hope he works h-a-r-d this Summer. Is it obvious I'm a fan of his?
              Ricky has better handles than Dex. This is something both of them can improve on but for this line up to work one of them needs to improve their dribbling

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

One thing for sure. The Shocks have got to have at least two players on the court that can handle the ball by dribbling and not turn it over. But it would really be good if we had 3 players on th court that could do this.. Go Shocks.

Comment

I don’t think it matters who starts, and IB needs to sell them on it. I think RC4 could play 3 positions next year or DD could play two and RC4 play two with them sharing a position. At 6’6 and 215 lbs., RC4 is capable of double figure scoring AND rebounding, if he learns how to give a TOTAL 100% effort on offense and defense. But we do have others who can play those positions effectively too. Just imo, not as effectively as RC4. He is fast, has handles, can jump, is strong, and can shoot from outside or get to the rim as good as anyone on the team (his outside shooting isn’t as good as a couple of others though).

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    RC4 and CJ get A LOT of minutes
                    A couple of games, Monzy saved us last year, but much of the time he was quite inconsistent imo. His game needs to take the biggest jump on the team to be a major contributor, but he does have a big time motor so if he’s on, he’s on. But he played some games where he was great for 5 minutes which really helped us but was ineffective the rest of the game. RC4 was like that too but was more successful than Monzy.
                    Last edited by Shockm; July 14, 2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

A couple of games, Monzy saved us last year, but much of the time he was quite inconsistent imo. His game needs to take the biggest jump on the team to be a major contributor, but he does have a big time motor so if he’s on, he’s on. But he played some games where he was great for 5 minutes which really helped us but was ineffective the rest of the game. RC4 was like that too but was more successful than Monzy.
                      What couple of games did Monzy save for WSU? That's slipped my memory.

But I agree he needs to put in the effort on his own time in the Summer to get better, just like Mo did last year.

Comment

I don’t remember any specific games that he saved, but he was POG a couple of times at least as I remember and played well occasionally with great energy. would also add that my memory is that his motor sparked other players to better effort on defense, etc., so while he didn't win the game with his play, sparked others when he entered the game.
                        Last edited by Shockm; July 15, 2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Most players make the biggest jump in their 2nd year. Monzy and Ricky will both be major players this year. I’m picking Chaunce Jenkins for the surprise player this year.

Comment

A couple of player observations relayed to me: both Joe Pleasant and Qua (rhymes with way) are rotation ready. In fact, there was much surprise Qua wasn’t a D-1 recruit out of high school.

Summer school is over and players are returning home. Pohto playing for national team and has not been on campus.

No earth shattering recruiting news to report.

Comment

What National Team is Pohto a member of?

Let me try again.....

Of which nation is Pohto a member of their National Roster?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                What National Team is Pohto a member of?

Let me try again.....

Of which nation is Pohto a member of their National Roster?
                                Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X