NCAA Tournament tickets . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament tickets . . .

Please don't start bashing about getting ahead of myself . . . I am a believer in one game at a time.
    But -
    If the Shox make the tourney, I've got some airline miles burning a hole in my coach seat tattooed rear pocket . . .

Are tickets made avaialble to Round 1 games through the University ticket office?
    No one probably knows, but I'll guess they are on Priority Points basis or in the past have they been on FCFS (first come first serve)?
    Season ticket holders got first jump on NIT tickets . . . same for NCAA?
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

As I understand it, season ticket holders will get a letter next week, asking if they will commit to buying NCAA tickets. You must indicate your willingness to buy tickets for each round. As part of your commitment you must provide CC information.

Your priority points will be a factor in getting tickets. If you "qualify" your CC will be charged for the tickets. Too bad if you have changed your mind, the tix are yours.

Obviously, it is a gamble as to where the Shox will end up, could be as close as Omaha, or as far away as Portland.

I'll take that bet.
    Last edited by 19SHOCKER76; February 19, 2012, 05:42 PM.
    “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
    John Wayne

Comment

Great update! Thanks @19SHOCKER76:!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Even if you are fairly low on priority points i think you still have a chance at getting tickets. Back in 06 when shox made it to sweet sixteen we had only had season tickets for 2 years and we were able to purchase tickets for the sweet sixteen in DC. It all depends on how many season ticket holders are willing to travel..
        " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
          As I understand it, season ticket holders will get a letter next week, asking if they will commit to buying NCAA tickets. You must indicate your willingness to buy tickets for each round. As part of your commitment you must provide CC information.

Your priority points will be a factor in getting tickets. If you "qualify" your CC will be charged for the tickets. Too bad if you have changed your mind, the tix are yours.

Obviously, it is a gamble as to where the Shox will end up, could be as close as Omaha, or as far away as Portland.

I'll take that bet.
          Not completely clear to me - I assume you are committing to tickets all the way to Final 4, if they keep winning?
          Or is each of the three rounds a separate deal? Or, is it a full tournament ticket purchase and your loss if your team loses in the first round?
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
            Not completely clear to me - I assume you are committing to tickets all the way to Final 4, if they keep winning?
            Or is each of the three rounds a separate deal? Or, is it a full tournament ticket purchase and your loss if your team loses in the first round?
            In previous years, it was round by round. They realize that travel is costly or not time-convenient.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

My situation is a little odd but I will have tickets to all the rounds (if WSU gets there). I'd say there is a 50-50 chance I can get to any game. My point is there will be tickets available if anyone needs tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                My situation is a little odd but I will have tickets to all the rounds (if WSU gets there). I'd say there is a 50-50 chance I can get to any game. My point is there will be tickets available if anyone needs tickets.
                Killer seats? I have clearance from air traffic control and will be following the Shox around at the big dance --all games. I want to get killer tickets if possible.

Comment

NCAA Ticket Application

Received my application in the mail today. As we surmised, you can sign up for any or all locations and will be charged only for the tickets purchased. If you apply, have sufficient priority points, and WSU plays at the location you agreed to, you will be charged. The new priority point system will be used.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Killer seats? I have clearance from air traffic control and will be following the Shox around at the big dance --all games. I want to get killer tickets if possible.
                    You lucky dog!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

HAHAHA!

Comment

I hope you all caught the "gotcha" on this plan... You can only buy as many tickets as you have season tickets. It will be tough to take buddies or extra family members.

Comment

Took my request in today and received my email confirmation less then an hour later. Have already reserved my hotel room in Omahell but I doubt that's where the Shox will be sent.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                            I hope you all caught the "gotcha" on this plan... You can only buy as many tickets as you have season tickets. It will be tough to take buddies or extra family members.
                            You can only buy as many as you have, but no more than 4. Sucks to be me.

Comment

These rules are the same as in 2006....and the same other universities follow. Sounds like our alotment of tickets is going to be lower than in '06 though, like almost half. There's going to be some unhappy people.

Comment

Working...
                              X