X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elgin helped bring Coach to Wichita

Some things I didn't know; Nice article

http://www.thestate.com/2012/02/19/2158949/marshall-sitting-pretty.html

Elgin had made the same call a couple of years earlier to inquire of Marshall’s interest in the coaching vacancy at Drake. That was a short conversation after Marshall said he did not know where Drake was located.

Read more here:
    http://www.thestate.com/2012/02/19/2158949/marshall-sitting-pretty.html#storylink=cpy
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I wonder their relationship is after the whole 1.9 timekeeper error is
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Good stuff.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm buying this like I'm buying Al Gore invented the internet. I'm sure Elgin did hires duty as commissioner. Smells like frontrunning to me.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            I'm buying this like I'm buying Al Gore invented the internet. I'm sure Elgin did hires duty as commissioner. Smells like frontrunning to me.
            yes, I guess someone should tell jim he had nothing to do with this.
            “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Good article thxs!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Schaus had plenty to do with getting Marshall here. However, I do remember Gregg mentioning that Elgin was the person to initially contact him about the job and hook him and Schaus up.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'd be willing to wager that Schaus contacted Elgin, who then contacted Marshall. That way both coach and AD "have had no conversations" and you always hear that during coaching searches.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

makes sense

Comment

no matter what great story
                      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

A little indicator of what USC's offer will look like: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...c-coaches.html

Comment

So 2 mil seems to be the minimum - at least a million more than what he is earning here. If he goes, there goes our strong recruiting class as well. I don't care what people say, players sign with coaches, not the school, unless your Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            So 2 mil seems to be the minimum - at least a million more than what he is earning here. If he goes, there goes our strong recruiting class as well. I don't care what people say, players sign with coaches, not the school, unless your Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas.
                            HCGM is earning between 1.3-1.4 million right now. I lost track of his annual 100k raises. It would take 2.5mm to really peak his interest financially. Of course S. Carolina has other advantages in the discussion that aren't monetary.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Thinking 1.5 is closer but it's not clear if the "near 1.5" includes performance bonuses or sans bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                              X