Stat Comparison of Stutz vs Paul Miller POY Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Comparison of Stutz vs Paul Miller POY Season

For those who have fond memories of Paul Miller's POY season (as do I), here is a comparison with Garrett's stats this year. If there are still any Stutz doubters as to his qualifications for POY, they might want to rethink their position after seeing these stats.

There are also individual game stats you can look at that shed some light on a few interesting stats (e.g. Paul had games of 4pts and 7 pts against Creighton, only two games of double figure rebounds all season, 0 3pt FG etc.).

Make no mistake, I love and respect both Paul Miller and Garrett Stutz for how they represented our program on and off the court.

Originally posted by BigWigShock View Post
    For those who have fond memories of Paul Miller's POY season (as do I), here is a comparison with Garrett's stats this year. If there are still any Stutz doubters as to his qualifications for POY, they might want to rethink their position after seeing these stats.

There are also individual game stats you can look at that shed some light on a few interesting stats (e.g. Paul had games of 4pts and 7 pts against Creighton, only two games of double figure rebounds all season, 0 3pt FG etc.).

Make no mistake, I love and respect both Paul Miller and Garrett Stutz for how they represented our program on and off the court.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...ler/game_stats
    Looks equal. I believe that to the winner goes the spoils and the Shockers are in a two game lead. Garrett deserves it every bit as much as Doug Mc. Wufan is our main person who believes in DM. He needs to get a good look at this.

Comment

One other point. If it wouldn't be for Garrett, we wouldn't need to be doubleteamed. Almost every team that we've played during our league season has tried to doubleteam him to stop us. This has opened it up for our other players. Without Garrett, we wouldn't have been close to the MVC Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Looks equal. I believe that to the winner goes the spoils and the Shockers are in a two game lead. Garrett deserves it every bit as much as Doug Mc. Wufan is our main person who believes in DM. He needs to get a good look at this.
        I fully believe Stutz should win it... but I fully expect McDermott to win it.

Comment

What does this mean? I believe in Doug as POY?
          Livin the dream

Comment

Take into consideration that Millers stats are against a much better 2006 Missouri Valley competition. However, Stutz is a part of a much more balanced and deeper team. Tough, tough call.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on this one. The Shocker fan in me wants to say, "I love them both!" and leave it at that. But the college hoops analyst in me wants to make an assessment. Hmm... I feel an article coming on!

Comment

Remember Paul played against two NBA caliber centers in the Valley. Take that for what its worth.
              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                Remember Paul played against two NBA caliber centers in the Valley. Take that for what its worth.
                Who?

Comment

Who?
                  Patrick o from Bradley was one of them.

Comment

Anthony Tolliver was the other.

And I believe Randall Falker was pretty solid. At least the caliber of Jackie Carmichael.

MSU had a big body in the middle, too. But can't recall his name.

Comment

Mot to mention the SIU guy, Dearman?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Mot to mention the SIU guy, Dearman?
                        I think "Big Game" Jermaine was gone by then. Falker was a junior, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Anthony Tolliver was the other.

And I believe Randall Falker was pretty solid. At least the caliber of Jackie Carmichael.

MSU had a big body in the middle, too. But can't recall his name.
                          Can't remember the big body either, but Blake Ahearn was throwing darts from the free throw line and way outside about then -- he's in the NBA D-League (or was).
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Interesting comparison, but the only thing you can take from this is that Paul certainly deserved his significant accomplishment and Stutz certainly deserves being so recognized as well. Extremely difficult to compare players from diiffernt years, teams, and strength of competition.

Stutz has certainly made giant strides this year and his play and value to the team certainly is most worthy of being selected as POY.

And how in the world can Joe Ragland not be recognized as MVP for his tremendous efforts as well?

Comment

Another question: If McD played like this year in 2006, who would be POY?
                              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                              X