Season ticket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season ticket question

So a conversation about season tickets in another thread got me thinking. I’m considering purchasing season tickets for the 2022-2023 season. I want to support the program more than I do now.

The problem is I live 600 miles away and I will probably at most attend 3 games per season. Are there any other out of town season ticket holders out there? Can you tell me how easy it is to sell/transfer/give tickets to others? The Nuggets use an app called Flashseats that makes that process really easy. I’m curious if the Shocks use that or something similar. Thanks!
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    So a conversation about season tickets in another thread got me thinking. I’m considering purchasing season tickets for the 2022-2023 season. I want to support the program more than I do now.

The problem is I live 600 miles away and I will probably at most attend 3 games per season. Are there any other out of town season ticket holders out there? Can you tell me how easy it is to sell/transfer/give tickets to others? The Nuggets use an app called Flashseats that makes that process really easy. I’m curious if the Shocks use that or something similar. Thanks!
    My dad did it from Alaska. It’s pretty easy
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Is it easy to sell/transfer/give away tickets? Sure. The ticket office uses StubHub, and it is a pretty standard process of which you should not be unfamiliar if you’ve bought tickets for other major sporting events.

HOWEVER, I’m not sure it’s the best bang for your buck. In the last few years, the secondary ticket market has cratered. Even for bigger games, it seems like tickets are always available at face value or better if you can wait it out until gameday. If you have any desire to make money back from games you can’t attend, you might be disappointed.

If I wanted to “support the program” as a new STH, I’d actually skip on season tickets and piece together games you want to attend. Then, I’d take the $1,000 or more that would be spent on said season tickets and instead attend the auction fundraiser in the spring (assuming that happens again).
      78-65

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I kept my season tickets for 7 years while living out of state. As WuShock16 pointed out the secondary market collapsed and I was only able to sell for half price. That started a couple seasons ago and thus couldn't afford to keep my tickets.

Comment

it’ll be interesting to see what it looks like this year. not only is there a drastic disconnect between the primary and secondary markets with regard to ticket prices but the vast majority have had a season of no “in-person” basketball. do they miss it enough to renew or are they ok with watching on tv or like my group, pick a few games of interest and buy them online for $10 apiece?

i love wichita state and want to support the program but it gets harder every year as the game of college basketball looks more and more like the nba that i loathe. not to mention the revolving door of transfers.

Comment

Renewed our tickets instantly, zero question.

I understand if it’s a money issue. The other stuff is just noise.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                I understand if it’s a money issue. The other stuff is just noise.
                Some people have more sensitive hearing than others. When you boil it down you want to support your school and you want to be entertained. What that means and how those are weighted will vary all over the place among a fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                  it’ll be interesting to see what it looks like this year. not only is there a drastic disconnect between the primary and secondary markets with regard to ticket prices but the vast majority have had a season of no “in-person” basketball. do they miss it enough to renew or are they ok with watching on tv or like my group, pick a few games of interest and buy them online for $10 apiece?

i love wichita state and want to support the program but it gets harder every year as the game of college basketball looks more and more like the nba that i loathe. not to mention the revolving door of transfers.
                  Yep. As the college game continues to evolve (?) it gets harder to watch, and I don't care for "free agency."

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Some people have more sensitive hearing than others. When you boil it down you want to support your school and you want to be entertained. What that means and how those are weighted will vary all over the place among a fan base.
                        Well said.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                        X