3) Indiana State (T7)
    4) Northern Iowa (T7)
    5) Evansville (T4)
    6) Missouri State (3)
    7) Drake (T4)
    8) Illinois State (T4)
    9) Southern Illinois (9)
    10) Bradley (10)

All Conference: Jake Odum, Doug McDermott, Toure Murry, Colt Ryan, Kyle Weems

POY: Kyle Weems

My All Conference: Garrett Stutz, Joe Ragland, Doug McDermott, Colt Ryan, Kyle Weems

My POY:Garrett Stutz (Weems will not be in the top two)

My COY: Gregg Marshall
    Last edited by wusphlash; February 16, 2012, 09:46 PM.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    As selected by coaches, SIDs and media

1) Creighton
    2) Wichita State
    3) Indiana State
    4) Northern Iowa
    5) Evansville
    6) Missouri State
    7) Drake
    8) Illinois State
    9) Southern Illinois
    10) Bradley

All Conference: Jake Odum, Doug McDermott, Toure Murry, Colt Ryan, Kyle Weems

POY: Kyle Weems

My All Conference: Garrett Stutz, Joe Ragland, Doug McDermott, Colt Ryan, Kyle Weems

My POY:Garrett Stutz (Weems will not be in the top two)

My COY: Gregg Marshall
    + A LOT

With the Shox 2 games up on 2nd, and 5 games up on 3rd, 2 on the All-Valley 1st team, PoY, and Coy is about right.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hey look, they got 9 and 10 right!
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        Hey look, they got 9 and 10 right!
        That is amazing(ly bad). :rolleyes-new: "Everybody" agreed that CU and WSU were the top two teams, so it is difficult to be too critical about the first two picks. After that, UE seems to be the closest pick. By the end of the season, the picks might look better (or worse); the probability "favorites" on www.mvcfans.com/wp/2012/02/15/updated-mvc-standings-and-seeding-probabilities/ are
        1. WSU
        2. CU
        3. MSU
        4. Drake
        5. Illinois State
        6. Evansville
        7. UNI
        8. Indiana State
        9. SIU
        10. Bradley
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The pre-season picks for 3 and 4 playing on Thursday night????

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            The pre-season picks for 3 and 4 playing on Thursday night????
            That does seem pretty wild, but I think we can all agree there just isn't much difference between 3/4 and 8 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              That does seem pretty wild, but I think we can all agree there just isn't much difference between 3/4 and 8 this year.
              In all reality, there is such a log-jam from 3 through 8 that the pre-season picks aren't really that far off. I'm not going to take the time to see who plays whom and project the final two games, but 3-8 could wind-up about a dead-heat around .500 or could wind-up near their pre-season positions.

Indiana St., I think, is probably the most surprising fail this season. After winning the tournament last year with their squad, everyone was really high on their coach and prospects for this season. They wound up just another middling team. I'm a little surprised MoSt was able to bubble up to 3rd with a new coach - sometimes personality and style are hard to mesh to a new team. UNI's position is a bit surprising, too - Jacobsen just doesn't have the horses this year.

I guess the most surprising thing overall, is that everyone but the top two and bottom two are amazingly inconsistent and unpredictable.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

There are still Drake fans who want to fire Phelps - even though he lost two players to injury this year - and then lost his best player to mono late in the season.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Why not 3 shockers on the 1st team,winners take all and they all are deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    There are still Drake fans who want to fire Phelps - even though he lost two players to injury this year - and then lost his best player to mono late in the season.
                    Phelps has definitely had his issues, but Drake played pretty well this year with two of their big men out. Losing Simons hasn't helped either. But Drake fans have been fed up with him for awhile and it's going to take a lot for him to get over that negativity.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

To cut everyone some slack, The Valley is extremely hard to predict. I wouldn't have guessed over half of the teams correctly myself. Especially with everyone getting "Evansvilled" out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        To cut everyone some slack, The Valley is extremely hard to predict. I wouldn't have guessed over half of the teams correctly myself. Especially with everyone getting "Evansvilled" out there.
                        I know I could have told you ISUb was vastly overrated to start the season and WSU wasn't given the respect they deserved either.

Not that #2 prediction is bad, but they were making it sound like CU was going to run away with into the sunset with the title.
                        The Assman

Comment

This IS a tough league to call... And I think Phelps is a very good coach with crummy cousins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            This IS a tough league to call... And I think Phelps is a very good coach with crummy cousins!!!
                            Are any of them good swimmers?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker View Post
                              Why not 3 shockers on the 1st team,winners take all and they all are deserving.
                              Actually, I could have put Toure' on there with no problem except I thought that was getting a little greedy. I gave to the two Shocks that got POW awards. Wouldn't trade any of the three for the others I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X