Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Ragland - Interesting Stat

From the non-BCS Power Pyramid...

6. Wichita State (22-4). A Sentence: Been awesome to watch the Shockers play themselves into the role of trendy mid-major sleeper. A Statistic: Joe Ragland has a true shooting percentage of 69.3, which is the second-best in the country. Yeah, that’s awesome. And he’s only behind Ricardo Ratliffe (73.1). Here’s the kicker: Ratliffe’s a big who bolts himself to the paint. Ragland a 6-foot guard who throws it up from everywhere. Truly remarkable. The Schedule: vs. Missouri State, Wednesday; at Davidson, Saturday.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

I've been meaning to subscribe to Pomeroy so I can look at the more in-depth stats. Ragland's true shooting % is unreal- mostly because he shoots 3's so well, and when he goes inside the arc, it's usually for a lay-up, which he almost always converts. No bad mid-range jumpers, a la Toure at times.

Comment

Our last two JUCO point guards have been absolutely terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        Our last two JUCO point guards have been absolutely terrific.
        I was thinking about that last night. Are Clevin, Joe and Ben the best JUCO transfers were have ever brought in to the program?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I was thinking about that last night. Are Clevin, Joe and Ben the best JUCO transfers were have ever brought in to the program?
          Ever? Tony Martin was very good. Before him, Bobby Wilson and Rich Morsden were all league type players.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Carl Hall might be in that company by the end of next year. Gotta feelin' we haven't seen the best out of him by a long shot.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Ever? Tony Martin was very good. Before him, Bobby Wilson and Rich Morsden were all league type players.
              You have a much better memory than do I. Nice pulls (and I don't mean rebounds)

Comment

Tony Martin was a blast to watch. Actually ran into someone last fall that grew up with him.

Rags has a whole other gear than Clevin. That being said, Clevin would be very effective on this team as well.

Comment

Tony Martin was really, really good. Over 2 years he was probably better than Joe, but I think Joe's "A" game is better than Tony's "A" game.

Joe at his best is really, really, REALLY good. Like as good as there is in the country good.

Comment

I hate predicting any results for recruits, but there's a decent chance that next year's recruiting class has a JuCo who will be remembered among the best JuCo guys and a PG who will be remembered among the best PG's.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We was not sure Tony Martin would get to play in the Battle Of New Orleans versus KU due to an injury. Without him, we don't win that game. I remember Cliff Good-News Levingston on the tube before the Dance exclaiming something like--"All the way to the NC2A." Bobby Wilson was also awesome and I think he played in the NBA for a spell.

We already had 3 solid Seniors with Stutz, Toure' and Kyles. Add Ben Smith and Rags and we really have a formidable vertern team, lead by these 5 special Seniors who are getting the job done. Now, we have Marshall's best recruting Class ever coming here next Season and who knows if we still might add at least one more.

We are at our best when we run the offense through Stutz and Hall inside then out. When Toure' gets his mid-range and nice assist game rockin, and Kyles, Rags and Ben start then draining the 3's. However, when Rags drives in for so many lay-ups, we really flouish then which helps to identify how his percentages are sky high.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Randy Smithson might be the best. Also Preston Carrington.

Comment

Working...
                        X