State of the Program 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I donated my SASO donation and rolled over my tickets. I also opt for the 110% on my SASO donation as well.
    yup

Comment

• I’m not a season ticket holder anymore... not at all due to dissatisfaction but time constraints, but I purchase all the time( or beg or accept gifts

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        7 months ago, it appeared the program was headed for a complete train wreck. After losing a large chunk of the team over the summer, we lost our head coach a week before the season. The entire public atmosphere and perception of the program was extremely negative. In half a year, the coaches and players have managed to completely flip that 180. AAC championship, tourney appearance and now what appears to be one of our strongest recruiting classes in a while (not to mention it appears to be very calculated to fill the right gaps). It's a testament to everyone involved in the program. We could have been looking at a very long rebuild but instead we didn't skip a beat. Truly impressive
        I would be very interested to know how much AC Billy Kennedy's experience and perhaps guidance have helped HCIB. Not take anything away of HCIB. He still had to execute and capped everything off which a last minute minor miracle in securing the talents of Jalen Ricks in which he seems to deserve pretty much all the credit. Will never know that answer for sure but glad Caoch Kennedy is coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would be very interested to know how much AC Billy Kennedy's experience and perhaps guidance have helped HCIB. Not take anything away of HCIB. He still had to execute and capped everything off which a last minute minor miracle in securing the talents of Jalen Ricks in which he seems to deserve pretty much all the credit. Will never know that answer for sure but glad Caoch Kennedy is coming back.
          In no way arguing your salient point. He was a good addition (Kennedy), on and off the court, and surely has contributed much to the team.

I'm more excited by the fact that HCIB learned on the bench of an all-time winner like GGG for 6 years. I thought he was a near can't miss hire, and he's lived up to it so far, as have most all of GGG's disciple's. It's all gravy.

Comment

Perhaps extremely negative is inaccurate but for those older fans like myself that remembered the GS years and his firing and the resulting years of mediocrity when most everyone felt that something like that could not happen, did happen I for one was left thinking "Uh oh". The chain of events leading up to last season could have been more than enough to leave the program in disarray but the "New kids" and the "old guys" along with the coaching staff didn't let that happen. What happens from here on out will still require hard work and hard coaching to keep our program where we want it as far as national relevance. Ad Astra per Aspra. Go Shocks
            In my estimation the player that will never be appreciated enough, for a huge part in holding this program together is Alterique Gilbert. When he committed to the program after all the defections, it opened the flood gates for the others to sign last year. He then played a huge role in winning the AAC and getting us to the tournament which played a huge role in signing this tremendous recruiting class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

In my estimation the player that will never be appreciated enough, for a huge part in holding this program together is Alterique Gilbert. When he committed to the program after all the defections, it opened the flood gates for the others to sign last year. He then played a huge role in winning the AAC and getting us to the tournament which played a huge role in signing this tremendous recruiting class.
              That is an interesting hypothesis

Comment

Without a doubt, just as HCIB has stated the exact same thing. WSU's offense didn't falter in either contest against the AAC favorites the mighty coogs of houston. It's why they won the conference title. He did a lot more than just dribble the ball east and west in the half court.

Remember the 4 games prior to last season against those same coogs. How smooth did our offense look in those contests? Did lack of ball skills on the perimeter hurt us in any of those contests? Did anyone watch J. Burton trying to bring the ball upcourt against b12 teams this season.

Comment

• Excellent finish to the current recruiting class with most everyone getting in town next week. I like the open scholarship as we have flexibility to pick up a can”t turn down prospect, or pick up a mid year recruit like some other schools have started doing. I expect that we will lose a few scholarship players with true senior years and junior status (but who knows the future).

Like the new size &;athleticism and am ready to see this team develop next season. Better quality height with some college experience in McFarlane & Pleasant. Qua Grant is the newcomer I am most looking forward to watching currently. Maybe he can be a Smaller version of Chauncey Billups.

Comment

• I was looking at the roster changes and the following height differences are noted by tallest to shortest:

Bilau 6-10/Pohto 6-11
                    Seymour 6-9/McFarlane 6-10
                    Chandler 6-9/ Pleasant 6-8
                    Wade 6-6/Ricks 6-7

Livin the dream

Comment

Sort of have to agree. He may have had some deficiencies but still sorry to see Gilbert leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I was looking at the roster changes and the following height differences are noted by tallest to shortest:

Bilau 6-10/Pohto 6-11
                        Wade 6-6/Ricks 6-7
                        Only one that left who played much was the 6'6 guy though. Assuming we get minutes any of the above, we got taller.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I was looking at the roster changes and the following height differences are noted by tallest to shortest:

Bilau 6-10/Pohto 6-11
                          Wade 6-6/Ricks 6-7
                          Pohto >>>> Bilau
                          McFarlane >> Seymour
                          Pleasant >> Chandler
                          Wade>>Ricks

Taller looks like an overall upgrade. Wade doesn't directly relate to Ricks because they play different positions. I don't think we're going to lose anything using Monzy and Pleasant to replace Wade and they are both taller.

I don't think the team lost much with the departure of Gilbert and Wade. If Etienne can successfully contribute some minutes at PG, then another shooter can be put on the court. You can bet the Shox are going to have a target on their back every conference game after winning the conference last year when the schedule was totally messed up.

Marshall was an absolute master at being the underdog. IB needs to be the master at being the top dog. So far his recruiting seems to lean that direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            Marshall was an absolute master at being the underdog. IB needs to be the master at being the top dog. So far his recruiting seems to lean that direction.
                            This is very true.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I donated my SASO donation and rolled over my tickets. I also opt for the 110% on my SASO donation as well.
                              same

Comment

• The state of the Shocker Program should continue strong this very Season. We all breathed a sigh of relief when we just learned Tyson E. Is coming back. I'm excited with the possibility that TE and DD can together lead this team of solid returners to be complimented with talented recruits to where we could go 10 deep in our rotation and finish very strong with March Dancing being within in our Shockers grasp. There will be some tough Non -Con games the Shocks need to win.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X