State of the Program 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

According to rosters I’ve seen, Pleasant is listed at 6’8 and 220 while Trey Wade is listed at 6’6 and 221. According to that, Joe P. Isn’t bigger than Trey Wade. Taller but not bigger.
    Do you always believe the rosters you read? How long have you been watching college ball? Trey is 6'6 huh?

Yeah. Trey looks the same size as that guy in the picture above. You want more 6'5-6'6 power fowards? How about 6'8 posts? Weren't you the one who said "If X can do it..." You can't possibly want another frontcourt that was smaller than over half the teams in the Valley, ever, again, in the Round House.

We'll see if he's listed as 220 next year.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 26, 2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah. Trey looks the same size as that guy in the picture above.
      ROFL. You hit that one out of the park. As Yogi Berra use to say you can learn alot just by watching. There ain't no way they are the same size. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

ROFL. You hit that one out of the park. As Yogi Berra use to say you can learn alot just by watching. There ain't no way they are the same size. Lmao
        I can't say it enough how excited I am to see WSU put at least a couple of bigs on the court at the same time, and I don't mean 6'5 bigs' either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And don't get me started on Free Throw Rebounding!!
          Still laughing!!!!

Comment

Are we having an auction this year? If not, why not?

Basketball, athletics, needs that money. Like it or not, $$$ is king.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if those that say we need another big are meaning a young backup or a starter type. I do not think that McFarland and Pleasant came here to be 10 mpg players.

Currently, Mo, McFarland, Pleasant, and CJ are taking the lion's share of the minutes at the 4 and 5, or, if someone else (who's better) comes in, one (or more) of those are going to be those 10 mpg (or less) players. While CJ may be more of a 3, there is little minutes available there between DD and RC4.

Now, I'm certainly not opposed to landing a big splash type player, but other than that, I'm thinking a freshman for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                I'm trying to figure out if those that say we need another big are meaning a young backup or a starter type. I do not think that McFarland and Pleasant came here to be 10 mpg players.

Currently, Mo, McFarland, Pleasant, and CJ are taking the lion's share of the minutes at the 4 and 5, or, if someone else (who's better) comes in, one (or more) of those are going to be those 10 mpg (or less) players. While CJ may be more of a 3, there is little minutes available there between DD and RC4.

Now, I'm certainly not opposed to landing a big splash type player, but other than that, I'm thinking a freshman for the future.
                I usually think you get the best you can get. A Freshman would be the best fit, but it is a bad recruiting practice to recruit players with their expectations of minutes as our main concern. I would imagine that would be the view of most on this board, and most players too, provided players want to be pushed to be their best. We probably have a few players right here in Wichita who would be willing to receive a scholarship that aren't talented enough to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I usually think you get the best you can get. A Freshman would be the best fit, but it is a bad recruiting practice to recruit players with their expectations of minutes as our main concern. I would imagine that would be the view of most on this board, and most players too, provided players want to be pushed to be their best. We probably have a few players right here in Wichita who would be willing to receive a scholarship that aren't talented enough to have one.
                  Pohto would be a great get. Fills a need at the position and doesn't create more class imbalance. But is he willing to be the third option at his position for two years? Taking a Fr out of the portal would be the best from a class standpoint. Taking someone who is using their one free transfer seems more likely to get a long-term player than getting a HS Sr.

Comment

I love how SN posters think they have the entire depth chart figured out to include minutes played by even players who have yet to step foot in Wichita or Kansas. Don’t forget to inform the basketball coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Pohto would be a great get. Fills a need at the position and doesn't create more class imbalance. But is he willing to be the third option at his position for two years? Taking a Fr out of the portal would be the best from a class standpoint. Taking someone who is using their one free transfer seems more likely to get a long-term player than getting a HS Sr.
                      If he's better, why would he be willing to be the third option for two years? In the end, isn't that what we want? Our goal isn't to have the most class balanced team in the American Conference. It's to have the best team with the best record in the American Conference and compete for wins in the NCAA Tournament. If possible, Pohto would be great for our team.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Coach Brown did a great job picking up the pieces. Coach of the Year in the AAC and our first ship here. The new recruiits so far look solid. I'm pulling for Coach Brown and the Shocks.
                        Wish you posted more these days. You raise the mood of the board 1000% with your love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          I love how SN posters think they have the entire depth chart figured out to include minutes played by even players who have yet to step foot in Wichita or Kansas. Don’t forget to inform the basketball coaches.
                          I'm not saying I have it figured out and, without out right asking a question, requested input from others. This is what we do here and thanks for your valuable input.

I'm "guessing" that HCIB is not adding bench players first, but someone he believes can either start where there is a hole and/or strongly challenge current players for minutes. I also said that if the opportunity to get a splash player (a sure fire talent and clearly better than what we have) arises, of course you get them.

Comment

Pohto would be a HR get and I'm not sure he'd be the third option for two years while here.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thanks to several posters who noticed my mistake in thinking Pohto would be the third option. That was a mistake in my earlier post. I have more confidence in Udeze than some posters. I don't see a Fr taking minutes away from him. Might give him more bench time to stay fresh and free him up to be more aggressive on D without worrying about fouling.

McFarlane will be a So for eligibility. Udeze will be a Jr, with an optional 5th year, as he's likely to graduate. A Fr post is probably pretty high on the priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                It's a fan message board. How should we approach it? Lol! Clueless...

Comment

Working...
                                X