WSU @ Davidson- Bracketbuster Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU @ Davidson- Bracketbuster Matchup

Very, very excited about this one because it is the one and only regular season game I will be able to attend this year.

Davidson has some nice tradition with three Elight Eights and a Sweet Sixteen to their credit. Should be a fun one in a packed house.

GO SHOCKERS GO! Yell loud! We want to hear you on TV!

Comment

68 to 63 Da Shocks!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Davidson features 5 double digit scorers, all of whom are sophomores and juniors. Their leading scorer is 6'7" De'Mon Brooks at 16 ppg. Second leading scorer is 6'10" Jake Cohen at 13.4 ppg.

Cohen is 24-65 from three this season and shoots 88.6% at the line. Definitely an intriguing television matchup for Garrett.

Comment

We only have a win against Austin Peay in the bracketbusters. We have lost every other game. Time to change that. It will be very tough, but this team can do it!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Here's the deal. It seems some team not very well known beat Davidson this Season? Then they got the big KU win in KU country at the Sprint Center.
            We win this game at their house, we will raise some eyebrows and demand even more pub. and respect, and rightly so. Our road warriors are on a high tide but this will be a very tough game to win that we will have to earn.

Us 77 Them 70
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Andy Katz is still kind of bagging on us although now he really goes after Creighton. He says he debated whether Wichita State or Creighton had the most to lose from the BB games this weekend.

He finally decided that since WSU won the Valley regular season title, that we would probably be in the tournament even if we lost to Davidson. But he says Creighton could find themsevles on the wrong side of the bubble if they lose to Long Beach.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

I hate these Ball Buster games.

Comment

79-64 SHOX
                The Assman

Comment

Our University - 78
                  Not a University - 65

Garrett DoubleDouble Stutz gets #11
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Coach said last night after the game they are a taller faster version of UNI...YIKES!!!
                    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Tough game.

Shox win a thriller

74-71

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Andy Katz is still kind of bagging on us although now he really goes after Creighton. He says he debated whether Wichita State or Creighton had the most to lose from the BB games this weekend.

He finally decided that since WSU won the Valley regular season title, that we would probably be in the tournament even if we lost to Davidson. But he says Creighton could find themsevles on the wrong side of the bubble if they lose to Long Beach.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

One good thing about facing Davidson - it let coach Marshall invite a bunch of family and friends see the team per the postgame last night.

Comment

I seriously have no idea what to think of this game. I don't know Davidson well enough. I know they are good enough, but that's about it. So here's some random numbers...

WSU - 68
                          Davidson - 60

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

If Andy Katz still thinks WSU is anywhere near the bubble, he needs to get his head examined. The Davidson game is about trying to get a protected seed, not trying to stay away from the bubble.

Comment

Davidson is very, very tough at home and if you can beat KU in Kansas City you have some guys who can play.

I have not predicted a score this year and I am not about to start now, but I am expecting that this will be a very, very tough game. To steal a phrase from @WuDrWu:, I will be happy with the ugliest of 1 point wins.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Working...
                              X