Jim Rome show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Rome show

Was listening and rome asked wally szczerbiak who he liked to win the NCAA. His response (paraphrased)
    I really like Syracuse and Kentucky but I wouldn't b surprised at a team like Wichita State either.

Ya i heard that as well, its good getting press from wherever we can on a national platform even if it was just a quick little shout out.
    Shox-4-Life

Comment

He isn't the only one to say Wichita State when asked about teams that can win it. I think there are hobnail be several scared teams come selection Sunday.

Comment

"Hobnail"? Was the board suddenly transported to the 1800s?

Comment

Seth Davis has us in his Final Four in Sports illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushocka View Post
            Everyone is looking for the next trendy VCU type pick. WSU currently fits the mold. If he is wrong, who is gonna remember? If he is right, he is a prognosticating god.
            “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I'm starting to get the feeling that we are too involved in this hype. Remember all those years in the NIT? Remember how hard it's been for us to even get into the NCAA tournament?

I'm not taking it for granted and if we win a game, i'll be ecstatic. Not that I don't think our team is capable of making a deep run, but as a fanbase we shouldn't ever take it for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushocka View Post
                Do you have a link or was it in the actually magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  I'm starting to get the feeling that we are too involved in this hype. Remember all those years in the NIT? Remember how hard it's been for us to even get into the NCAA tournament?

I'm not taking it for granted and if we win a game, i'll be ecstatic. Not that I don't think our team is capable of making a deep run, but as a fanbase we shouldn't ever take it for granted.
                  How can a fan be to involved in hype? I'm not on the team and therefore my involvement or non involvement in hype is of no significance....

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                    In the book! I know how "old school"

Comment

Seth Davis has us in his Final Four, but he has Frank Haith as coach-of-the-year. If we make the final four...there could only be one option for COY.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        "Hobnail"? Was the board suddenly transported to the 1800s?
                        Gotta love auto-correct on the android

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                          @kai: posted the link in a separate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            Everyone is looking for the next trendy VCU type pick. WSU currently fits the mold. If he is wrong, who is gonna remember? If he is right, he is a prognosticating god.
                            Exactly right. We lose to MO State tonight at home, how many will jump off the bandwagon?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              We lose to MO State tonight at home, how many will jump off the bandwagon?
                              How many are on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X