No announcement yet.

As the captain of the Pessimism team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the captain of the Pessimism team...

....games like tonight used to worry me A LOT...classic chance to overlook. But I feel this group does not roll that way. Maybe Creighton winning last night helps keep the focus strong!

I hope you are correct M.J.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

every games worries me. As good as we're playing it's hard not to think back of last year's home game flops. It can happen at any time against any team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        every games worries me. As good as we're playing it's hard not to think back of last year's home game flops. It can happen at any time against any team.
        Shocks must keep their focus! Eyes on the prize.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I hope they stay focused , but have an easy going feeling ,sorta like the NIT run last yr play comfortable and within themselves. Confident but not pressing themselves to the point of making foolish mistakes. ( does that come across the way I see it in my head ?)
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

OTR, that's a great way to assess that! Perfect comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              ....games like tonight used to worry me A LOT...classic chance to overlook. But I feel this group does not roll that way. Maybe Creighton winning last night helps keep the focus strong!
              I am right there with you Molly.

Comment

Most of the members of this team were on last year's team that lost to MoSt in Springfield on the last day of the regular season and were denied the outright MVC regular season championship. I don't think they will easily forget that and I don't think motivation tonight will be a problem.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

One can only hope. I'm the eternal pessimist. My stomach is already hurting -- but then its hurt every game this year. I'm just a worrier. Can we bottle up some of Jeremy Lin's confidence and give it to our guys (or maybe they don't need it and I should be the one taking it.)

Comment

WTF is this?

KCShox will be furious.

Comment

For the most part (not entirely) I stopped worrying about the outcomes after the 05-06 season. There have been some exceptions, but I enjoy life a lot more when I accept that some games are going to be lost, and enjoy the performances for what they are.

I love this team....and I believe they are peaking at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        For the most part (not entirely) I stopped worrying about the outcomes after the 05-06 season. There have been some exceptions, but I enjoy life a lot more when I accept that some games are going to be lost, and enjoy the performances for what they are.
                        Funny you should mention that. I'm (mostly) in the same mindset, but every so often I find myself getting too steamed about a bad outcome. I have to check myself and remember that it is only a basketball (or whatever sport) game.

This is why the whole Rankings thing doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, the team that wins is better, without a doubt, regardless of Ranking. If the '11-'12 Shockers can maximize their play to their ability, success will be theirs to the level they earn it. That success is not affected one iota based upon past performance, rather how you play in the next game. Last year's team proved that.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I'm sure that they'll show up and play hard (last years team didn't always show up for good defense). The unknown factor is if they shoot well or at least fairly well. If everyone is having a bad shooting night, bad things can happen.

Comment

This whole thread is sham.....

you're not the captain of the pessimistic team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I love this team....and I believe they are peaking at the right time.
                              Calling your bluff!! How many weeks did you suck on your binky and log off of Shockernet "forever" last year when we lost to SIU again? Bahahahaaa!!! OK, ok, I don't remember if you used the word "forever", but that was the gist of it -- you left all of us ailing Shockernetters sick without a doctor in the house!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X