Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dey do dat???

A bit off the beaten path, but . . .

I followed the link tracking the Shox charter flight back from Omaha Saturday night and see they were on a EMB 135, Embraer Regional jet - holds around 37 people in a normal airline configuration, typically 2 seats on one side of the aisle and 1 on the other - definitely a schoolbus feel, but a nice, fast plane - pilots love them.
    Here's my question - does that charter ERJ have a special configuration of seats for a basketball team? I cannot imagine how in the world GS and Orupke , let alone the others, could sit in any imaginable condition of comfort in a normally configured set of seats on that plane. I know some you have travelled with the team - what say you?
    Thanks.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Ya thats the plane they usually take... You have to realize almost all of their flights take around an hour, I think their longest is to Indiana ST which is still less than and hour & half , so its not like they are crammed for 2hrs. Its also not a full plane so they have room to spread out some... However this friday when they fly out to Davidson they might take a bigger plane cause that will be over 2hrs
    " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

Comment

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Nice! . . . when he kicks in at around :50, I swear it sounds like Muhammed Ali at his famous press conferences . . .
        Lyrics probably aren't going to make the CKA public address system, but I could like it during a time-out, eh?
        Last edited by Rixtoy1; February 15, 2012, 06:18 AM.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I've been on the plane with them before... they literally fold themselves into the seats for takeoff and landing. During the flights they spread out into the isles and stand (if the height is tall enough)

Comment

Working...
          X