Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"College Basketball Bubble Watch" - ESPN (By Eamonn Brennan 02/14/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "College Basketball Bubble Watch" - ESPN (By Eamonn Brennan 02/14/12)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

and what a nice Valentine's Day present it is!!!

Go Shockers!!!

I wonder if they could have brought themselves to drop CU from lock status if they knew the truth . . . that the game was at CU, not in Wichita?

Comment

I guess the Bubble Watch just couldn't believe that WSU could beat Creighton by 21 points in Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
        I guess the Bubble Watch just couldn't believe that WSU could beat Creighton by 21 points in Omaha.
        LOL.

"The Watch can't bring itself to downgrade Creighton from lock status after Saturday's loss at Wichita State, but the Bluejays could very well set a record for fastest sub-lock drop in history if this trend -- that's three losses in three straight road games -- continues."

Terrible.
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

The idiot said in his blog yesterday that he watched the game even! He still couldn't get it right.
          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
            The idiot said in his blog yesterday that he watched the game even! He still couldn't get it right.
            I wouldn't call the guy an idiot. He's been chasing the Shocker bandwagon most of the season and had good things to say last year, too, IIRC. I suspect there are other contributors to that "Bubble Watch" page.

Comment

Although I love the fact that they have us as a lock, there are some teams that they have not placed in lock status yet and I don't understand why. I assume it is because we only have 4 regular season games left and unless we fall flat on our face we get in. Whereas other teams may have more opportunities to fail.
              I think the following teams should be locks if we are: Temple, Southern Miss, Memphis, and Louisville
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I wouldn't call the guy an idiot. He's been chasing the Shocker bandwagon most of the season and had good things to say last year, too, IIRC. I suspect there are other contributors to that "Bubble Watch" page.
                Sorry nincompoop then!
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I agree completely. He has definitely said a lot of positive things about WSU.

Comment

"Lock". I like the sound of that.

Comment

68 Questions - WSU has several answers....

You wanted press, you got it...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Four coaches who may parlay a successful NCAA tournament run into a bigger paycheck

1. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State: The fourth-year Shockers coach turned down NC State last spring, so it's obvious he won't leave for just anywhere -- especially with a strong recruiting class on the way. Then again, if Wichita State makes a deep run, someone may make him an offer that's impossible to refuse.
                      Four non-Big Six teams with the moxie to pull a VCU or a Butler

1. Wichita State: The Shockers may be the top mid-major team in the nation. Wichita State features four senior starters -- including 7-footer Garrett Stutz -- and each of its top seven players can score. The Shockers are every bit as good -- if not better -- than last season's VCU team.
                      Four players you may not have heard of … yet

3. Joe Ragland, Wichita State: The Shockers guard shoots 47 percent from 3-point range and is fearless when it comes to attacking the basket. The former junior college star plays with a mental toughness that has been infectious to his teammates. Make no mistake, Ragland can hang with the big boys.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                      X