Props from ESPN blog -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props from ESPN blog -

Haven't seen this elsewhere, but if it has been posted, my apologies . . .

From Eamonn Brennan - ESPN-
    How on earth is Wichita State not ranked?! And this is why. The Wichita State Shockers are 22-4 overall and 13-2 in the Missouri Valley Conference. This weekend, they achieved that record (and sole possession of first-place in a quality league's standings) by absolutely drubbing the previously ranked Creighton Bluejays, 89-68, in a game that was never particularly close or competitive. On Saturday, as my roommate and I were marveling at the scores baked in the TV viewing in ESPN and Samsung's built-in Scorecenter app,* my roommate looked at the Wichita State-Creighton score and asked me whether Wichita State was any good. "They are," I said. "Really good." Would they be ranked on Monday? "Oh, no question. Probably should have been already, but they'll be in the top 25 for sure."

I was wrong, apparently, but I shouldn't be. In case you needed added evidence of how good this team has been, let's consult (as usual) Ken Pomeroy's rankings, where the Shockers come in at No. 9 in the nation overall. Or, if you need another data point, observe our newfangled (and just-released, more on this later) Basketball Power Index, in which Wichita State ranks No. 11. See? Gregg Marshall's team is really good! And yet, somehow, they're merely receiving votes, while the likes of Mississippi State -- which lost at home to Georgia Saturday -- remains in the poll at No. 23. (The Bulldogs' KenPom rank? No. 71. Are they that bad? No. Are they top 25 good at this point in the season? Also no.) This should have been an easy swap. And yet, here we are. Baffling stuff.

(*I'm not shilling, promise. The thing is just plain awesome.)
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Nice Blog. He makes the case quite well.

Comment

ESPN Podcast with Katz and Gottlieb - mentions of WSU sprinkled throughout -

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Four weeks until March Madness begins

Some good mentions for WSU, Marshall and Ragland.

Comment

Working...
        X