It's comments like these....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's comments like these....

If you look at the comments next to our ranking, it reads a little snarky. I interpret it as we don't necessarily deserve it but because Coach whined about it, we were included. Could have commented on our total dismantling of a good team at their place, or any number of other positives...instead, had to choose that.

It makes me wonder if we would have made the poll had coach not said something. He basically called out the press and we all know how much they hate that.

I don't necessarily see it as snarky. We have 2 tough games this week and if we win we will gain more credibility and move up.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
      http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rankings/top25

If you look at the comments next to our ranking, it reads a little snarky. I interpret it as we don't necessarily deserve it but because Coach whined about it, we were included. Could have commented on our total dismantling of a good team at their place, or any number of other positives...instead, had to choose that.

It makes me wonder if we would have made the poll had coach not said something. He basically called out the press and we all know how much they hate that.
      You are way overthinking this.

Comment

Maybe but that's the only comment of it's kind in the whole ranking.

Comment

been reading and not posting alot(by alot I mean this is probably the first one in 6 months) this year mostly due to work and most of the time my sentiments are expressed... but I have to ask what is snarky......sounds kinda like a sissy whinning. All I recall coach saying is that maybe we the kids will get some attention for what they have done...he gave credit to Creighton for what they had done earlier in the year. Maybe he just comes off as snarky whatever it is.....I kinda agree with Capitol in that we have finally climbed some hills that have been in our way and the attitude of the team seems like they have alot more confidence and the other obsticals we have yet to reach are reachable..... I want to see all of it continue the calm confidence and mature swagger of WSU!!!
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Its CBS poll. At least they put us in the top 25.

Comment

That's an interesting take, and I can definitely see where it can be taken that way. However, when I first read it today, I took it the exact opposite way... kind of a "you know coach, you were right. Here's the press you deserve." Only the author knows how it was supposed to be taken.

Comment

Whatever was intended we can't be sure -- but the one thing we CAN be sure of is that any comment about WSU that isn't unambiguously glowing will be interpreted negatively by someone on here.

Comment

Hey, at least we're in this Top 25.

I really didn't think of it as snarky at all. Marshall wanted press and CBS gave it to us.

You need to stop going after every perceived slight Capitol, and enjoy the press that IS coming our way.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Whatever was intended we can't be sure -- but the one thing we CAN be sure of is that any comment about WSU that isn't unambiguously glowing will be interpreted negatively by someone on here.
                    That's a fact Jack!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      +1
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Sounds like we need to learn how to bask in the sunshine and try and enjoy what this team has accomplished.

Comment

How does Dofo get two accounts?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                          X