Randy Smithson Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Smithson Sighting

Saw Randy Smithson reffing a highschool basketball game this weekend. He looked really happy and seemed to be in good spirits and really enjoying what he's doing. I hope the former Shocker has found peace and is still winning the battle over his pain med addiction!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

He officiated a ton of games in the local Catholic school league this year. He's great with the kids and you're right, he seems really happy. He also is coaching a local home school high school team and they are doing very well. Its interesting to see people that don't realize its him at the games react when they figure it out. I'm always happy to have him officiate one of our games.

Comment

He was quite heavy last year when I saw him officiate. Has he lost some of that weight yet?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Also saw Randy and his son and the UNI game last week. Sat front row of I believe of section 102. Thought he looked a lot better than last time I saw him. Good guy who has battle some demons.

Comment

I'm glad to hear he is getting along well. He certainly has had trials, but seems to have overcome them. I spoke with him frequently in my previous job, and he always seemed to be a man who was wise due to his experience in life. Class act in every dealing I ever had with him.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            He was quite heavy last year when I saw him officiate. Has he lost some of that weight yet?
            No, he's still heavy, but I'd take that weight over the problems he's had to overcome everyday of the week.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I've ran into him a few times over the years at MAYB tourneys I've coached in.

Comment

Working...
              X