Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Bilas Power Rankings 2/12

Bilas's new power rankings just came out and he has our Shockers at #10
    ESPN Insider Jay Bilas has his latest top 68 rankings, and the Ohio State Buckeyes remain a top-3 team despite being knocked off by Michigan State.

Lots of vitriol on here tonight about a lack of pundit love. I disagree- I'm generally liking what I see so far.

Of course there will be some back-handed compliments, etc. But this is just our first week entering the spotlight. Keep winning and people's reservations about the quality of this team will fade away.

Comment

I'm excited to see what the 2 main polls have us at. They HAVE to know what we are capable of now...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
        I'm excited to see what the 2 main polls have us at. They HAVE to know what we are capable of now...
        Prepare to be disappointed. The pollsters haven't been kind to WSU ever since our collapse after reaching #8 in the Winter of 2006.

The important thing is WE know what we are capable of. That's all that matters at this point.

If I was a betting man though, I would say somewhere around #23 seams reasonable. We'll see sometime today.
        Last edited by Shock Top; February 13, 2012, 12:51 AM.
        The Assman

Comment

My unbiased, educated guess would also be around a 23. Maybe a 21 at best.

Comment

was just noticing on here (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...teams/rpi/WICH) that we beat UNLV 89-70 and Creighton 89-68. That's 2 wins by ~20 points against top 20 (15?) teams (granted Creighton isn't playing like a top 25 team lately). Here's hoping we continue this success into the big dance!

Comment

Working...
            X