Here and There Creighton Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here and There Creighton Post Game Comments

These might be called side light comments.

1. Evan grabbed that game ball and it appeared that he was taking it to the locker room. I hope he held onto it. It is an important piece of Shocker history. Maybe he will have it autographed by the players and perhaps coaches and keep it for himself. Whatever the disposition, I am glad he took the ball.

It doesn't rise to the level of the game ball of the Battle of New Orleans, but I just hope he did not return it.

2. I was glad that Jake got 9 minutes in front of 18,000 roaring folks. It will help him in the Big Dance, when the Shocks play high pressure games in front of big crowds and on national television.

When he entered the game, I told Señora Rio to watch his first shot. It will tell you how nervous he is. When the shot went up, I never expected a rim, but off the glass, airball. That was one ugly shot.

It is all part of experience and I am glad it is behind him. Even great players have those moments.

3. Since Jake is playing more lately, perhaps Coach Marshall is lengthening the bench for post season play. Nine is surely better than eight.

4. When Gibbs was trying to guard Demetric, I laughed my @ss off.

5. I think Creighton's Achilles heel, a seemingly small, but crucial weakness, is their lack of athleticism. Señora Rio made an astute observation with about 8 minutes to go in the game. She said, "I think they are tired." Indeed. The non-athletes had been chasing race horses for over 30 minutes.

5. I don't like to whine about foul calls, but I will make an exception on this glorious day.

When Garrett was called for hooking, I was dubious. At worst he was guilty of a mild punch to the mid-section, but nevertheless, I was okay with it. Later G.E. pulled the same maneuver and nary a call.

The third call on Garrett was for a phantom foul. Actually, it was a pretty rotten call.

6. It is a great day to be a Shocker!

7. Welcome back T! I have missed you!
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Maybe the refs or basketball gods or Doug Elgin or whoever was responsible did us a favor getting Garrett in foul trouble. Creighton seemed to have a game plan and an idea of what they wanted to achieve when Garrett was on the floor. However, the looked totally lost and overwhelmed when faced with our sans-Garrett lineup and attack.

Echinique vs Garrett is match up that may favor Creighton or at worst be a wash. But the rest of the Creighton team was simply no match for the rest of the Shocker team and really had no clue on how to deal with the Shocks when unable to focus on Garrett.

Comment

Was CU ranked 15th or 17th? On the tv it said 15, but people have been saying they are ranked 17th

Comment

Originally posted by AJShock View Post
        Was CU ranked 15th or 17th? On the tv it said 15, but people have been saying they are ranked 17th
        17 in ap, 15 in coaches

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Comment

even "the Phog" being pretty complimentary: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=8693006

K-staters, too: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8693846

Comment

Great analysis Ricardo!

The Blue Birds got roasted!
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I just got this off the phog board!!

WSU is part of the KU family tree

Wtf hell no we aren't, just because Ralph Miller went to ku dosen't mean we are part of the ku family!
              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post

Wtf hell no we aren't, just because Ralph Miller went to ku dosen't mean we are part of the ku family!
                Ultimately aren't just about all basketball coaches descended from the KU tree? Naismith is the OG. Just because recent iterations of beaker ADs, coaches and fans are irksome doesn't mean that they don't have a claim to some of the richest basketball history
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  Ultimately aren't just about all basketball coaches descended from the KU tree? Naismith is the OG. Just because recent iterations of beaker ADs, coaches and fans are irksome doesn't mean that they don't have a claim to some of the richest basketball history
                  Didnt know we still had any of RM recruits on the team.- Doubt they would get any playing time since they would be in their 70's
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Last week on his coaches show, Marshall was asked a question regarding KU (don't remember the context), and he answered the question sarcastically stating that he didn't want to offend our "flagship institution".

Comment

There is a thread on MVCfans: http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1966
                      One postgame comment was
                      "Both asked for this!
                      I think it's great if.....you can treat your son like he's not your son. Yesterday, I saw Greg treat Doug like he wouldn't treat any other player."

I think Greg was harder on Doug than he was on the guards who were repeatedly beaten off the dribble, etc. I wonder if Doug will spend his senior year at Creighton. (I can't see him leaving next year but, after that, who knows?)
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

KU is part of the MVC family tree.

Comment

Working...
                        X