X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

You can only say "a lot" if you have a comparison to other schools in the same time frame. In addition, those under fHCGM may be... inadmissible in the counting.
    Yea, this year has to be taken with a grain of salt
    • First year of "free portal transfers" (most likely)
    • COVID year
    • we replaced the coach at the beginning of the year late enough players couldn't transfer then.
    Future years, the first may or may not be as big of an impact. Might see a lot of players getting stuck or stranded and players thinking harder before transferring.
    Second one - hopefully wont apply
    Third one - DEFINITELY hope it doesn't apply next year lol

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

You can only say "a lot" if you have a comparison to other schools in the same time frame. In addition, those under fHCGM may be... inadmissible in the counting.
    I can say "a lot" when the amount of defections from the program is 18+ in three seasons. You don't get to put stipulations on when I can think nearly 20 players leaving a program in three years might be problematic.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Sounds like Taylor is really betting that our first incoming announcement is happening today.

Leave a comment:

• OregonShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

I know you are sarcastic here...but that is 18+ in three years. That's...a lot.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    JB in the portal per Taylor
    That's not surprising. Intriguing upside with JB but he was just never able to show much improvement. Perhaps that was primarily due to not being healthy and whether or not that will continue to be a problem for him is impossible to know. In any case, JB moving on is totally understandable. Hopefully, things start going better for him basketball-wise.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 1, 2021, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Six scholarships are opening up?!?!?!

TIME TO START AN INVESTIGATION!!!!!
    Wouldn't that be a circular investigation?
    • Players sign to play with Marshall
    • ******* investigates Marshall
    • Marshall Steps Down
    • Six Players leave
    • ******* investigates Brown
    • Realizes root cause is ******* Investigating Marshall
    ******* at fault for these transfers and forced to resign or be fired .... oh wait, pretty sure hes already had to do that at every legit place hes worked so far.

EDIT: Still cracks me up that Good-Man is a banned word (Kung Wu, don't ban me for going around the swear filter there)

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I know you are sarcastic here...but that is 18+ in three years. That's...a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Some good nuggets in there.
    • This is the last expected transfer
    • Even with the transfers and seniors leaving, WSU is returning 70% of its scoring.
    • Gilbert not expected to return
    • WSU is expecting a big-man commitment as soon as today

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Saw a youtube video compilation of Tekele Cotton today (yes, it is as arousing as you all think). What was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I watched the video and noticed all his highlights showed freaking packed arenas. Man, I miss packed arenas, especially ours.

But what I think is that the guys staying need to be told, and any others wanting to leave for that matter, that they need to at least get a chance to play in front of a home Shocker crowd. If they want to play 'College' basketball, they are blessed to be able to do it in front of a Shocker crowd. I know I'm biased, but for me, the crowd atmosphere is tough to beat. This year, they got jipped out of that experience, and I think it's a big draw for WSU and we aren't able to exploit one of our biggest assets.
    Too bad we missed on Megg Garshall. She had some big assets.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Saw a youtube video compilation of Tekele Cotton today (yes, it is as arousing as you all think). What was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I watched the video and noticed all his highlights showed freaking packed arenas. Man, I miss packed arenas, especially ours.

But what I think is that the guys staying need to be told, and any others wanting to leave for that matter, that they need to at least get a chance to play in front of a home Shocker crowd. If they want to play 'College' basketball, they are blessed to be able to do it in front of a Shocker crowd. I know I'm biased, but for me, the crowd atmosphere is tough to beat. This year, they got jipped out of that experience, and I think it's a big draw for WSU and we aren't able to exploit one of our biggest assets.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by rrshock View Post
    Is JB in the portal officially?
    Not that I've seen. Just expected.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Cleanthony and Wade have very little in common.

Cleanthony had effort issues on defense, but was capable of making dynamic defensive plays that changed games.

As a Junior, Cleanthony was one of the most efficient post up players in college basketball.

Cle had insane athleticism - a rich man’s Ricky (Maybe Ricky gets there with experience age)

Both were capable of making important shots, but Cle’s came in much more important games.

Leave a comment:

• rrshock
    replied
    Is JB in the portal officially?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X