No announcement yet.

2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMINDER: If anyone says they are glad Austin Reaves is no longer a Shocker, they should be laughed at and not taken seriously.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Interesting commentary .. They talked about how Austin didn't like that WSU "told him to stand in the corner and take 3s" and that's why he went elsewhere. The 2nd commentator goes .. "Well WSU had a PG named Landry Shamet, so that's probably why they told him that" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Interesting commentary .. They talked about how Austin didn't like that WSU "told him to stand in the corner and take 3s" and that's why he went elsewhere. The 2nd commentator goes .. "Well WSU had a PG named Landry Shamet, so that's probably why they told him that" lol
        I guess they could have run some duel CG sets. Have them both play PG at times in games.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          REMINDER: If anyone says they are glad Austin Reaves is no longer a Shocker, they should be laughed at and not taken seriously.
          I won't say I am glad he is no longer a Shocker, but I don't want players who don't want to be here. Plus, it's been long enough now that playing revisionist "what if" history doesn't really make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Interesting commentary .. They talked about how Austin didn't like that WSU "told him to stand in the corner and take 3s" and that's why he went elsewhere. The 2nd commentator goes .. "Well WSU had a PG named Landry Shamet, so that's probably why they told him that" lol
            They forget that Austin was about 30 pounds lighter and had the fragile shoulder. The redshirt year was exactly what he needed to bulk up and heal.

Comment

• Zags about to open up a can on OU. Look out...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I won't say I am glad he is no longer a Shocker, but I don't want players who don't want to be here. Plus, it's been long enough now that playing revisionist "what if" history doesn't really make sense.
                I mean, yes, it's revisionist history to think about what might have been. He didn't want to be here and that's fine...although any basketball evaluator worth their salt would tell you he's a player you want on your team. And he WAS here...so it's not like it was some recruit who never committed.

The kid had to sleep on a recliner because his shoulder hurt so bad while he was here. If he could have redshirted for at least a year to let it heal, it would have helped. He would have been invaluable both this year and last year.

Comment

I mean, yes, it's revisionist history to think about what might have been. He didn't want to be here and that's fine...although any basketball evaluator worth their salt would tell you he's a player you want on your team. And he WAS here...so it's not like it was some recruit who never committed.

The kid had to sleep on a recliner because his shoulder hurt so bad while he was here. If he could have redshirted for at least a year to let it heal, it would have helped. He would have been invaluable both this year and last year.
                  Possibly. Maybe he is thriving at OU because it fits his personality better? Maybe he wouldn't have reached that ceiling at WSU?

Comment

• That was a "good" move from Timme .. until you see the replay and watch his pivot foot move like 2 feet each direction on his turns lol

Comment

• Lol .. showboating dunk ... costing you points because you didn't finish it before the shot clock expires ... lol

Comment

• Gonzaga is good. I enjoy watching them.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Possibly. Maybe he is thriving at OU because it fits his personality better? Maybe he wouldn't have reached that ceiling at WSU?
                          That's part of it. Marshall was not going to adjust his style, for better or for worse.

Comment

That's part of it. Marshall was not going to adjust his style, for better or for worse.
                            It would be interesting to think if we had Reaves running point primarily this year with AG as a backup (assuming Reaves would have taken a redshirt 2 years ago to heal up). Nothing against AG but that might have ideal with how this team tried to play.

Though with Reaves here, AG likely doesn't come here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              something is seriously wrong with the way they rank teams during the season.
                              Gotta appease those Chicago, Indiana and Detroit markets.

Most overrated league in the country but they'll continue to get propped up for no other reason than $$$$.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Reaves on fire today.

Comment

Working...
                                X