Why blow out wins matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why blow out wins matter

WSU has been owning teams at home and sometimes on the road. I loved the win versus UNI and I remember thinking it was almost as impressive as the win against UNi at the cow palace. Well when I saw what the actual score was in that ks coliseum game I realized how spoiled we have become by this team. This week's win was bigger by most measures and it only seemed just ok because of all the other large wins.

This team has been really really good. If you believe the following link you may believe that WSU's wins say a lot more than the very close losses.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/the_head-to-head_fallacy/

If you subscribe to that theory the SHOX lose the game at CU over 80% of the time. Hopefully we are in the 20th percentile.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Furthermore, that theory would predict a roughly 16-point loss for WSU tomorrow.

Comment

Or moreso a significant point was that one game in isolation doesn't tell you very much. Especially true for close games.

To your point l, if you were to predict off of just one game clearly CU has probability on its side.

Comment

Working...
        X