Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jays rely on Big E to counter big rival (Stutz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays rely on Big E to counter big rival (Stutz)

http://m.omaha.com/om/db_45550/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gdHCm8iO&detailindex =0&pn=0&ps=3

Would love to see Garrett draw a couple of quick fouls on Echenique and let's see how CU functions with him on the bench.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I fully expect the Jays to try and attack #41 with GE early and often. That strategy in the game here worked and it got Garrett in early foul trouble and he subsequently never got in a rhythm. GE is ugly, but when they let him hang and climb on his opponents he is effective. His size and girth play well with his style of play, and while I personally think that he vastly overrated as a player overall, he is effective on defense. Garrett will need to be smart early and make GE shoot over the top of him, which I have not seen him do and stay away from cheapies. On defense I expect the Jays to see if GE can guard #41 without help.

The matchup we need to exploit tomorrow will be Smith/Hall on McDermott, who I am not sure can guard his own shadow.

Comment

I feel a little more confident about the GE - GS matchup this time around because Garrett feels more confident. The guy is on a roll and the Jays are in a slump. Granted, I know they will throw everything at Garrett, but I think he will be able to handle himself better this time. UNI gave GS a hard time, and he still took a double double out of it (along with some beautiful passing)

Comment

I think the refs will play a huge role. I know; "Refs never decide games." I just don't believe it is ALWAYS true.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Actually, I think Garrett is the key to victory Saturday. I would be surprised if CU doesn't defend him straight-up. If he can have moderate success and force them to deal differently with him it should help open up our offense.

We'll also need to take advantage of CU's propensity to turn the ball over.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Actually, I think Garrett is the key to victory Saturday. I would be surprised if CU doesn't defend him straight-up. If he can have moderate success and force them to deal differently with him it should help open up our offense.

We'll also need to take advantage of CU's propensity to turn the ball over.
              I too think that they'll start out defending Garrett straight up, but I guarantee that they'll have a couple of different ways to double him ready for the game if needed.

Comment

Might be cool to get a Hall/Echenique matchup early on and see if Hall can flop some fouls out of Echenique.

I hope the fellas don't come out as flippin' tight as they did last time. They were panicky and tight from the opening tip-off.

Echenique has a really large cranium.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Echenique has a really large gluteus.
                  Fixed it for you.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We need garrett to go straight at GE and get him into foul trouble. I'm afraid GE will have his way with garrett since the refs tend to whistle garrett every time he moves. Maybe they will cancel each other out, but we need Garrett to play a full game this time around.

Comment

I think it might be better to have Murry or Rags try to draw some fouls on "Big E" because I would hate to see Stutz pick up cheap fouls.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

As Splanger indicated above, the refs could very well dictate the winner of this game. Two quick calls on either center will likely determine the outcome of this game.

Comment

I hate to say it but I think Stutz vs. Echinacea is a wash, Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object. In my opinion this will come down to how many 3's we make, as much as it pains me to type this.

I'd love to be wrong. I'd love to see Stutz unleash the beast on these guys.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Not even Creighton can play Stutz straight up. This game will be a matter of wills and who will execute and hit shots? Who wants it the most? Motivation is huge both ways. Both teams really want this. Creighton wants to stop their bleeding now. WSU wants to get the 2 game surpass and avoid a sweep. Both Coaches will prepare their team to the max. Who is the real Valley Player of the Year? Turnovers and rebounds always play a role. There will be several nice runs by both teams but who will win? We did get some help along the way which is rare. Now the ball is in their court, but our beloved road warriors will not succumb to refs, loud crowds, or lack the desire to really give this our all in all. Even so, this game will be a war, and played under the bright lights in front of the masses in Omaha, the "valley of decision." FSF picked us to win as I always do. Stay tuned!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 10, 2012, 08:11 PM.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Not even Creighton can play Stutz straight up. This game will be a matter of wills and who will execute and hit shots? Who wants it the most? Motivation is huge both ways. Both teams really want this. Creighton wants to stop their bleeding now. WSU wants to get the 2 game surpass and avoid a sweep. Both Coaches will prepare their team to the max. Who is the real Valley Player of the Year? Turnovers and rebounds always play a role. There will be several nice runs by both teams but who will win? We did get some help along the way which is rare. Now the ball is in their court, but our beloved road warriors will not succumb to refs, loud crowds, or lack the desire to really give this our all in all. Even so, this game will be a war, and played under the bright lights in front of the masses in Omaha, the "valley of decision." FSF picked us to win as I always do. Stay tuned!!!!!!!
                              This! That!! Thar!!!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X