Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    1 win from an AAC title... Ugly or not... Let's get that banner
    God***n right. Get that bling fitted (comprende'?)!

Rip em up, tear em up, give em hell Shockers!
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 3, 2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• The stats show we shoot free throws better than we did today. So hopefully the guys can get their groove back. And AG has got to finish those layups when he gets to the cup. Got to play better on Saturday.

Comment

• I don’t care who wins Sunday, I just want that ring on Saturday

Comment

• Glad to see Dexter and Trey find their offensive mojo tonight. Mo played well and seems to be improving his moves to the basket. Doesn't look so helter skelter. I especially like the atacking of the zone of Tulane. Showed a lot of aggression attacking. May have to give AG a little bit of a pass trying to be aggressive but he did hand out 12 assists? Anyway game over and now on to Saturday and a confence championship. Did anyone notice HCIB confronting Monzy after the game for what I assume was his foul that wasn't call on him on the last drive to the basket by Tu;ane. Looked like Monzy just tried to brush it off with a smile and an explanation but IB wasn't buying it at all. Not that it would have mattered at that juncture but I'm sure IB didn't want Monzy to assume it was ok . Go Shocks

Comment

• Yep saw that. Good to see Coach still coaching even after the win and final buzzer! Details fella's...details.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 7 observations tonight.

1. DD has been Forbes worst nightmare this year. Making a basket was harder for him than pulling hens teeth. What a game for DD"s Mom to see as he played superb offense and defense.

2. Trey waded through the Green Wave Zone tonight with ease. He reminded me of Jaimie Thompson "from when I was just a pup" draining all of those corner shots.

3. Next Season, I believe that Council could turn into one of our best players.

4. I like how Jackson has a nose for the ball. He has a high octane motor.

5. Mo. has really improved this year in several areas. I don't remember a Shocker making such a nice improvement in free throw % in one Season. His FG % is off the Shocker charts so far.

6. TE didn't score as much as most games but what about 6 assists and only 2 turnovers? I like that a lot. Will he
              be player of the year in the AAC this Season? JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Speaking of assist, how about the 12 from Gilbert and 6 from TE? I don't believe any 2 guards from last Season came close to that many assists in 1 game? Maybe not even has that happened this Century? Maybe last century? Dunno!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Has the whole Tulane team had covid? It was weird to see a team bench where everyone was sitting in one row next to each other like in years past. I haven't watched much basketball lately, so I don't know if other teams have started doing that as well or Tulane did it because everyone on the team has had covid and they don't see the point in having multiple rows.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Glad to see Dexter and Trey find their offensive mojo tonight. Mo played well and seems to be improving his moves to the basket. Doesn't look so helter skelter. I especially like the atacking of the zone of Tulane. Showed a lot of aggression attacking. May have to give AG a little bit of a pass trying to be aggressive but he did hand out 12 assists? Anyway game over and now on to Saturday and a confence championship. Did anyone notice HCIB confronting Monzy after the game for what I assume was his foul that wasn't call on him on the last drive to the basket by Tu;ane. Looked like Monzy just tried to brush it off with a smile and an explanation but IB wasn't buying it at all. Not that it would have mattered at that juncture but I'm sure IB didn't want Monzy to assume it was ok . Go Shocks
                  I caught the exchange with Monzy and liked it also. I loved coach Marshall, but he might have blown an ‘O’ ring in that moment.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I thought I heard the announcers say that Mo was #6 in the country in FG %

Comment

• All games are must win for us....Good win! Covid has played havoc with our schedule.
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I thought I heard the announcers say that Mo was #6 in the country in FG %
                        No. I don't think he is according to stats.

But guess who leads the country.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                          Free throw shooting was painful to watch.
                          Painful is not the word I would use.

Comment

• AM at nearly 75% and leads by a wide margin. Also averages double digits in boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Udeze is 44E42898-14AE-40A1-91AD-5C9ADD60BD04.png first in the AAC, but 28th in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...at/field-goals
                                Midtgaard is leading D1 in FG% by a wide margin. Udeze is 28th in the nation and leading the AAC.

Which of these guys was likely to make a pass to a post player

A. Burton
                                B. Sherfield
                                C. Stevenson
                                D. None of the above

Got to give some props to Sherfield. He's gone from 2.9 assists last year to 6.2 this year and 8.1 ppg to 18.0 ppg. Change of environment did wonders for his game.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X