No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulane Game Thread 3-3-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time the Shocks had two players with a Double-Double?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Good to see Dennis and Wade playing at a higher level, we will need that over the next few weeks. Hopefully PoorBear is able to play. We’re not a deep team on the frontline

Comment

• What's the status of Poo Bear?

Comment

• Surprisingly moved up 4 spots in KenPom after the win.

Comment

• I was going to say something but you guys have nailed all the issues we all saw. Free throw shooting was painful to watch. I hope this is the game we get out our system with the 13 day lay off. I think the last time we had a lay off like this we had to play Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Surprisingly moved up 4 spots in KenPom after the win.
              Maybe he has moved us from "Lucky" to "Consistent"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                I was going to say something but you guys have nailed all the issues we all saw. Free throw shooting was painful to watch. I hope this is the game we get out our system with the 13 day lay off. I think the last time we had a lay off like this we had to play Memphis.
                memphis was coming off of a layoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  What's the status of Poo Bear?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    What's the status of Poo Bear?
                    Poor Bear may be back for USF but guessing that if he is, he will still have a somewhat gimpy ankle.

Comment

• Good sign: Trey and Dennis played well.

Bad: vomitted the lead in the 2nd.

Yes, we should have and maybe needed to win by 20. Optimist in me likes that we look to have more than a couple of guys that can score the ball.

We don't have to rely on ETN to get 20 to win. Tulane not good though...

We did what we had to. Just make the NCAA.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Good sign: Trey and Dennis played well.

Bad: vomitted the lead in the 2nd.

Yes, we should have and maybe needed to win by 20. Optimist in me likes that we look to have more than a couple of guys that can score the ball.

We don't have to rely on ETN to get 20 to win. Tulane not good though...

We did what we had to. Just make the NCAA.
                        I'm ok if we win every game by 1 the rest of the year.

Comment

• Strange game. We looked good for a number of minutes then looked like a team that hadn’t played in two weeks. I will take it. I was a little worried about this game. Win and advance.

Comment

• Enough just beat to beat USF Saturday and have a conference title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Double double territory!
                              Robert George

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                                Enough just beat to beat USF Saturday and have a conference title.
                                Yep. The Shocks still have their destiny in their own hands.

A Shocker win would put their WP at .846

If Houston beats Memphis Sunday the finish with a WP of .824

If Memphis beats Houston Sunday the finish with a WP of ..800

My fervent hope is Houston and Memphis will be playing for 2nd place on Sunday.

Let's go Shocks. Time to leave no doubt. Movers, Shakers, Doers and Shockers don't settle for 2nd place.

Not the ideal way to determine a champion but the Shocks were covid-impacted as much or more than anyone in the AAC this season.

If the Shocks lose and Memphis wins then the finish would be 1. Memphis .800, 2. WSU .769. 3. Houston .765

Not exactly sure why Penny was moaning about the AAC giving Memphis a shot at Houston.

If the Shocks lose and Houston wins then the finish would be 1. Houston .824, 2. WSU .769, 3. Memphis .733

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 3, 2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X