Game experience complaints - how about trying this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    It was more his comments than his ratings. He said some pretty stellar things about the Koch but then he gave the Koch pretty average ratings.

If these ratings really do reflect how the Koch experience compares to places like JQH and McLeod then we are having even a bigger atmosphere problem than we all thought.
    Just so you understand, '89, I don't agree with the ratings or the way he compiles them. This just isn't a good source for pumping up Koch.

And Trop, I almost didn't post on this because of all that you bring to SN (and Thanks Again).

Comment

I've only been around in the 2000's and I know the game experience from the middle years like 2004-2006 were way more enjoyable as a fan then in the 2010's. The last 3 years have gotten progressively worse in every aspect except the actual basketball team. Fact: the first 4 home games this year they couldn't even get the audio or video to work right for each game. Professionals..heck..people who give 10 squirts of rat piss would do a practice run and make sure everything is working before the actual performance. Plain and simple, they are people doing their jobs, who don't give a **** about what the fans want. They aren't fans, they are workers who got a job and are going to do it their way until told by their boss to do differently.
      Another pandemic of a problem is we as fans don't even agree on most things. A handful of people on here can't even agree on a common petition...so now nothing will happen. It's really sad people can't rally together on common ground to make something happen.
      Last edited by rmwigdnal; February 6, 2012, 10:13 PM.
      The Sickle: A Shocker's best friend.

Comment

IMO the reason this topic keeps coming up over and over again is because there are several people who truly care about the the standard of our program. We don't have a football team so Men's Basketball has to be the main focus and when you think about the other in state schools they uphold a pretty high standard. WSU fans want this program to compete on the highest level in every way, shape, and form. K State may have bandwagon fans but the bandwagon has been stationed in Manhattan for a while now, they have made the NCAA tournament 3 out of the last 4 years and are picked to be in the field again this year and average over 12,000 fans a game. I don't even need to bring up the other in state school, everyone knows about them and how their program is doing. This is why it irks us every time we see a bunch of empty seats and someone always has to post how KU has masterminded a way to ensure that the seats are filled in Allen Fieldhouse. I guess they must be rocket scientists in Lawrence. Or that we have to watch the away games on piss poor quality Sucks Cox 22 with those dopes that have no business commentating a basketball game. Or how the quality of the in game production has slowly declined over the past several years. The administration has hired a top echelon head coach and assistants that have this basketball team playing at a high level, however, it seems that some things are getting missed. It's time that these issues are addressed and corrected in order for this program to reach its full potential.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I agree with the pleas for improvement so I asked the question. Awaiting a response.

Comment

16 signatures vs. goal of 10,500. Click the link to add your name - add it to twitter / facebook to get more to join:

Comment

Do they use grad assistants to do this? If do, they are usually from dime other school and could care less. At least that was my experience in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                The problem with that is that you need to include ways to reduce spending to offset the lost revenues. I realize there are disturbing effects from D1 basketball becoming a business instead of purely an entertainment venue. Ask the team what they'd rather have - a more energized crowd and bus rides Terre Haute or a less enthusiastic crowd and chartered flights.
                I worked for a pro sports team and did sponsorships and advertising. I think their in-game promos are timed wrong like many have already said. After the whistle blows, run the promo, then before the team gets back out onto the court do low brass or whatever raises crowd energy.

I don't care how much Klein is paying for the 3 point promo, there should be no promo announcements while the game is going on.

Like Aargh is saying, you want to get rid of inventory like promos thats fine but expect cost increases in other inventory like other promos, signage, print, tickets(yikes), and food.

I think season ticket prices are at a cost tipping point, if they haven't lost some already.
                Last edited by WSU757; February 7, 2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU757 View Post
                  I worked for a pro sports team and did sponsorships and advertising. I think their in-game promos are timed wrong like many have already said. After the whistle blows, run the promo, then before the team gets back out onto the court do low brass or whatever raises crowd energy.

I don't care how much Klein is paying for the 3 point promo, there should be no promo announcements while the game is going on.

Like Aargh is saying, you want to get rid of inventory like promos thats fine but expect cost increases in other inventory like other promos, signage, print, tickets(yikes), and food.

I think season ticket prices are at a cost tipping point, if they haven't lost some already.
                  Glad you mentioned that. I noticed, that at a timeout, the process was 1) Have the band play to give time to set up promo, 2) Promotion, and 3) Throw out balls or shirts. If they must have all this, unless we are going to shoot FTs (that may require a little brain power), have the band last to get the fans back into it (not canned music).

Comment

Switch 1 and 3 and they are fine. Good point shocktalk

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      Maybe only a "nice" review. While the reviewer gives the roundhouse a lot of kudos, his ratings aren't stellar. All of his ratings for the arena are between 2 and 4. The rating system is 0 to 5, so 2 to 4 ratings with an overall rating of 3.3 is really just slightly above average.

He uses the term "mid-major" a lot. So I think he was expecting a UMKC type of atmosphere and found something more like a high major.

Some of his comments were pretty good though like comparing the Koch to an ACC type atmosphere in its heydey. And saying our student section was one of the best.
                      Big fat LOL at that part...

Comment

25 signatures.

Comment

I think what they did last night for the UNI game was a good compromise. They let the band play during forced time outs and stacked the promotions during the media timeouts.

It resulted in a much better game atmosphere and still allowed the athletic dept. to raise money from their promos.

Comment

Working...
                          X