Wichita State vs. UCF Pregame Discussion 1-30-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. UCF Pregame Discussion 1-30-21

WICHITA STATE (8-4, 4-2) vs UCF (4-6, 2-5)
    SATURDAY, JAN 30, 2021 | 3:00 P.M. CT
    WICHITA, KS / CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    TV: ESPNU
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (GoShockers.com/Listen)
    LAST MEETING: FEBRUARY 13, 2020. WSU 75 - UCF 58
    GAME RECAP
    : Aresurgent performance from Erik Stevenson helped Wichita State to 75-58 road victory at UCF inside Additional Financial Arena.

Wichita State (18-6, 6-5 American) used runs of 10-0 and 14-0 to build a 20-point lead late in the first half and led comfortably the rest of the way. The win snapped a three-game skid.

Stevenson scored a game-high 27 points on 11-of-21 shooting (5-of-12 from three) and also tallied eight rebounds and five assists.

Dexter Dennis grabbed a team-high nine rebounds to go with seven points and five assists in 29 turnover-free minutes.

Freshman point guard Noah Fernandes made his first career start and tallied a career-high seven points and two assists in 24 minutes.

Grant Sherfield handed out a team-high six assists with just one turnover.

Matt Milon and Darin Green Jr. led UCF (13-11, 4-8) with 13 points apiece.

The Shockers shot 48.1 percent to UCF's 31.7 percent. They outrebounded the host Knights by 17 (47-30) and held them to just 16 points in the paint.

Reserves accounted for 45 of the Shockers's 75 points.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; January 28, 2021, 08:41 PM.

Instead of predicting scores, maybe we should start predicting whether the games will occur?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We need a win bad. I don’t care about the point spread. Just win baby!

Comment

We only had 7 assists last game which is symptomatic of poor ball movement, poor player movement, and
        selfishness. If we play like that just about any team can beat us. That said, Memphis wins pretty much on
        defense alone so if we can't improve our movement and shooting we had better be playing some lock down
        defense but there is NO reason why that shouldn't happen every game........like Houston does. Shocks 58-53

Comment

There are rumors of a live pep band being allowed to play.

Comment

Perhaps the band can play music with a fast beat to it to keep them passing and moving the ball and getting open shots. Now getting the ball through the net perhaps requires a different movement. Just have fun, learn, and win.

Comment

I was mistaken. No pep band until Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I was mistaken. No pep band until Wednesday.
                Wait, I thought I heard the pep band playing on tv?

Comment

Working...
                X