No announcement yet.

JT question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT pisses me off. He sets the bar too low for himself and for others. "He wears his laziness like it is a badge."

Comment

Is JTD still not working hard in practice? I know that CGM made some comments early on about JTD's work habits but I was under the impression he was improving.

Also, the habits that JTD developed can be hard to break. As long as I see him working hard on the court and saying the right things publicly, I will cut him a little slack. Besides, if he still is "lazy" he may, out of necessity, get some extra minutes this year but going forward if he does not shape up he will not play. It is all up to JTD.

However, I can't complain about JTD's play so far this year.

Comment

I see it this way.

He either works hard enough to earn playing time with no conditions...or he doesn't earn playing time at all. This "he works just hard enough to earn 15 minutes a game" doesn't fly for me. If he's a lazy bum...sit him on the bench for the entire game. I don't see him in practice....but from what I've seen in games he's earned more PT.

Just my worthless two cents.

Comment

I agree with you and I think that is CGM's practice as well. My only point; however, is that JTD might have a longer leash this year due to the lack of depth. If so, I hope he does not get complacent.

Comment

Do you remember the article a while back in the Eagle about the fitness of the players? I believe it's the same one that talked about Durley's laziness...anyways, though improved, he was still the least physically fit member of the team. Maybe the minutes he plays each night is all he can handle. Since he was in for crunch time Tuesday, he must have earned his playing time...also, since he is a freshman, those quick hooks he receives are used as learning tools. Those will decrease, as well as pay off, later in the season.

And this is my first post ever!

Comment

Welcome, fifbum. Please continue offering your opinions.

As first posts go that was awesome. Observant, insightful and accurate.

It's good to see you joining in the discussions.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think Durley is still having problems with conditioning. He seems to score most of his points in the first half then scores very little in the second half. Either he gets more defense attention in the second half or he is getting too winded to make his shots.

Comment

JT had 8 minutes and AE had 7 in last nights Bradley game. JT did good offensively in a short time with 6 points. However, this Coach has quite a focus on defense and JT missed an assignment that stuck out like a sore thumb at a time in the game when we were really struggling. JT is only a Frosh and he will shore this areas up. His offense seems to be eons ahead of his defense right now.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Eagle or RDR would drop 20 on him, even today.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      Eagle or RDR would drop 20 on him, even today.
                      Or as one of my favorite wags might say, "He couldn't guard a statue."

His penchant for floor burn avoidance doesn't help either.

Comment

The poster that wrote "he wears his laziness like a badge of honor," or words to that effect, gets my vote for post of the year. My wife commented that he looks like he plays with same intensity of a really big Sean Ogirri. Ouch...

He may be playing harder than he appears to be, but can you imagine his offensive skills with the defense and intensity of Ramon?
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                          He may be playing harder than he appears to be, but can you imagine his offensive skills with the defense and intensity of Ramon?
                          If we could combine Ramon and JT into one player, w'd have the best player on the team and first team all-Valley.

Comment

It's so frustrating because he is so talented.

I imagine that Ramon is going to take him aside in the new future and explain to him both the expectations and the consequences (his own) of not living up to those expectations.

Comment

Working...
                            X