Updated reply editor - how to make posting replies easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated reply editor - how to make posting replies easier

I know this is in the wrong section, but it needs to get views, because if you're in this boat, it might expand your posting abilities without going through multiple steps to get the post editor. Please bear with me on this, and ignore that this is in the basketball forum, it needs to be viewed by as many as possible.

Through the last few months since the upgrade of forum software, I've had a few PM's about how to change font size, easily add a picture, etc. And I found that a lot of the time members don't have the enhanced post editor as default in their options. It was one of the few things that didn't default when we switched to the new software. It's basically the editor that looks similar to say Microsoft Word where you can change font size, etc. So here is a quick walkthrough on how to change it.

Go here: http://shockernet.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Then scroll down almost all the way to the end of all the options, and you should see a section called "Miscellaneous Options" and the first thing you can change in that section is what type of editor you use to reply with. You want to make sure it's set to "Enhanced Editor" that way you will get all kinds of buttons and options that will look familiar if you use Windows Office products, the ability to go bold, italics, underline, font type, font size, color, insert urls, etc. I hope that works.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I snickered as I scrolled past the section called "Forum Skin".
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Another non-intuitive default that people might need but might not realize is turned off is auto-saving sent PMs. I thought I had computer/phone issues in responding to a PM because it wasn't showing up in the sent box.

FYI for people who use that function.

Thanks for raising the issue with the reply editor - I was wondering about it.

Comment

HAHA SB!

And good point Good News.

I hope this helped out a few people that were having issues, or didn't even realize that the editor options existed.

Comment

Is there any way to get the editor to come up in Advanced mode? I always have to click Go Advanced to bring up additional tools.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Is there any way to get the editor to come up in Advanced mode? I always have to click Go Advanced to bring up additional tools.
            I don't think there is. The "reply" button below someone's post is simply the "quick reply" option. If you want the advanced options, you have to go advanced. I can research it though on the developers forum for us though.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              I know this is in the wrong section, but it needs to get views, because if you're in this boat, it might expand your posting abilities without going through multiple steps to get the post editor. Please bear with me on this, and ignore that this is in the basketball forum, it needs to be viewed by as many as possible.

Through the last few months since the upgrade of forum software, I've had a few PM's about how to change font size, easily add a picture, etc. And I found that a lot of the time members don't have the enhanced post editor as default in their options. It was one of the few things that didn't default when we switched to the new software. It's basically the editor that looks similar to say Microsoft Word where you can change font size, etc. So here is a quick walkthrough on how to change it.

Go here: http://shockernet.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Then scroll down almost all the way to the end of all the options, and you should see a section called "Miscellaneous Options" and the first thing you can change in that section is what type of editor you use to reply with. You want to make sure it's set to "Enhanced Editor" that way you will get all kinds of buttons and options that will look familiar if you use Windows Office products, the ability to go bold, italics, underline, font type, font size, color, insert urls, etc. I hope that works.
              I see

Enhanced Interface

Basic Editor (which is selected)

Standard Editor

Which do I choose for font size, bolding, etc.?
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I see

Enhanced Interface

Basic Editor (which is selected)

Standard Editor

Which do I choose for font size, bolding, etc.?
                Enhanced.

Comment

Working...
                X