2021 Top 25 Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Top 25 Watch

How many more games after this Tulsa victory gets us into the Top 25? If we are considered *barely* behind Houston at this point, where might we land if we do crack the top 25?

Might be a bit premature
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If we had the game vs SMU on Sunday and won...we would get a handful of votes.

A ways to go till getting in the T25.

Comment

Hell why not? This team is already good and still has plenty of room to improve. The sky is the limit if they continue to put in the work like they obviously are doing. The games are there that if we keep winning we’ll get there eventually. It’s a shame we were down to 8 guys for so long before the Mizzou and OSU games or we might already be getting votes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
          How many more games after this Tulsa victory gets us into the Top 25? If we are considered *barely* behind Houston at this point, where might we land if we do crack the top 25?
          If no SMU, when do we play Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If no SMU, when do we play Houston?
            Without looking at the schedule, I don't know when we play Houston. I'll leave that task up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Without looking at the schedule, I don't know when we play Houston. I'll leave that task up to you.
              Point is that after we beat Houston, we will probably get into the Top 25. Memphis might help us a little but we have very few highly rated teams. You stated that like I was responding to you. I guess now I am. LOL

Comment

If WSU could have beaten OSU or Mizzou, they might be close to being a top 25 team now. But WSU does not have that marquee win to get them T25 consideration. Their next chance will be Houston at the end of Feb.

Comment

We play Houston on Feb 25th. Without the SMU game I think we could only afford one loss and beat the Cougs to expect a ranking at that time.

If we can win the next four (@ Memphis, USF, @ Cinci, UCF) then we may start getting votes.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    We play Houston on Feb 25th. Without the SMU game I think we could only afford one loss and beat the Cougs to expect a ranking at that time.

If we can win the next four (@ Memphis, USF, @ Cinci, UCF) then we may start getting votes.
                    Yikes! I was thinking three more would start getting some votes, but looking at the teams in the next four, there's not much cred gained by beating all four. This year the quality of the names (Memphis, Cincinnati) is better than the games. The possibility of getting Evansville'd exists in the next four games.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I would love to see the shockers back in the top 25 and like others have said if we just keep winning it will take care of itself.

The team has done well so far especially considering the circumstances and they seem to still have plenty of room for growth. So, I’m excited but at the same time we’re only 11 games into the season, five games into conference so a lot can happen both ways.

The leadership of the players gives me confidence that the engine won’t drop completely out even if I anticipate some potholes in the future.

Winning the conference and getting an NCAA bid is still on the table. Who knows what the future holds but I’m cautiously optimistic.

Comment

We'll probably crack the "Others Receiving Votes" next week. Here's the list from the AP top 25 on January 11 - https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-col...asketball-poll. Tulsa had 5 and I imagine they'll drop out. FYI - #25 in the poll is UConn with 181 votes:

Others receiving votes:
                        Alabama 173, UCLA 137, Colorado 96, Florida State 74, USC 48, Rutgers 46, Drake 42, Michigan State 34, Oklahoma State 28, Arkansas 24, San Diego State 10, Boise State 8, Florida 7, Xavier 7, LSU 7, Northwestern 6, Tulsa 5, North Carolina State 5, Indiana 2, Winthrop 2, Belmont 1
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

More related to NCAA tourney than ranking but I’d love to see a WSU team go to a conference tournament with their NCAA hopes up in the air and just remove all doubt by winning the tourney.

It seems like we were already comfortably in when we’ve won in the past.

Of course that’s all still a ways off.

Comment

No votes in either poll on January 18th -

AP Top 25 - https://collegebasketball.ap.org/hometownsource/poll

Others receiving votes: Louisville 155, Colorado 148, Oklahoma St. 119, Florida St. 112, Southern Cal 74, Duke 43, Drake 42, LSU 20, Boise St. 15, Xavier 7, Belmont 5, Michigan St. 3, Winthrop 3, Toledo 2, Utah St. 1, Purdue 1.

Coaches Poll - https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

Others receiving votes:

Louisville 84; Connecticut 82; Saint Louis 66; Southern California 58; Oklahoma State 53; Duke 36; Boise St. 28; Drake 20; Xavier 16; Louisiana State 14; Richmond 9; Michigan St 4; San Diego St. 3; Toledo 2; Belmont 2; Tulsa 1; Rutgers 1.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X