Sullie: A voice of reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sullie: A voice of reason

I cut and pasted this instead of linking it because I thought it was so good. Especially the part about the possibility of us losing tomorrow and what it does to our at large chances.

Tuesday at Koch Arena
    Jan. 31, 20122:41 p.m.

* Missouri State coach Paul Lusk said center Caleb Patterson will not play on Wednesday against the Shockers. Patterson, out with a sprained ankle, averages 12.7 points and 3.0 rebounds. He did not play in Saturday’s win over Northern Iowa. He also missed two MVC games earlier this season with a concussion. Patterson isn’t a great defender or rebounder, but the Bears will miss his height against WSU’s Garrett Stutz. The Bears will likely start 6-7 freshman Christian Kirk or 6-10 senior Isaiah Rhine in place of Patterson.
    * WSU coach Gregg Marshall said the Bears are quite similar to last season, despite changing coaches. That’s not surprising because former coach Cuonzo Martin and Lusk worked together at Purdue and talked regularly last season. Their styles are compatible, and that’s probably a big reason why the Bears are not taking as big a step back as predicted. MVC opponents are shooting 41.9 percent and 32.1 percent from three against the Bears. “They make it hard to score,” Marshall said. “They do a good job in their man-to-man defense.”
    * The Shockers played a triple-overtime game on the road Saturday. They did not practice on Sunday and Marshall said Monday’s practice was limited to about an hour. “(Monday) was pretty light,” he said. “We had a long video session and they lifted, so that didn’t leave a lot of time. We’ll go longer today.”
    * Losing at Drake isn’t a big problem, unless it is the start of more lengthy slump. In the past two seasons, WSU has lost back-to-back games once (this season in Puerto Rico). In the past three seasons, its longest losing streak is two games. Based on recent history, WSU is more likely to run off five wins than it is to lose three straight. The schedule, however, is tougher than it was in the first half of the MVC season. WSU swapped SIU and Bradley for Drake and Missouri State in the second half, and is 0-1 in that four-game set. For MVC title chances, losing on Wednesday is a major problem. For NCAA Tournament chances, the Shockers would remain in solid shape with plenty of time to make up that lost ground. “You’ve got to bounce back,” Marshall said. “There is no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
    * Three times are tied for third at 6-5 and a fourth is 5-6. Creighton and WSU will finish 1-2, other Valley coaches concede. MSU is one of those 6-5 teams. So is Illinois State, which plays at Creighton tonight. Drake is at Indiana State. Evansville (5-6) plays host to Bradley.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy

According to MSU fans Patterson did practice today and is believed he will play.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      According to MSU fans Patterson did practice today and is believed he will play.
      One MSU fan said that. It's the same MSU fan that said a sealed envelope had arrived in Springfield asking for them to join C-USA back in the summer. It's also the same fan who said it was a done deal that MSU was going to play Akron in Bracketbusters.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This just in.... Missouri State located near Springfield, MA.

Comment

Wouldn't trust an msu fan for sh@t, damn hillbilly!
          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            One MSU fan said that. It's the same MSU fan that said a sealed envelope had arrived in Springfield asking for them to join C-USA back in the summer. It's also the same fan who said it was a done deal that MSU was going to play Akron in Bracketbusters.
            so are you saying he might not be reputable?

Comment

fat_women_bathingsuits.jpg

Missouri State fans prepare 4 Da Shocks
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]157[/ATTACH]

Missouri State fans prepare 4 Da Shocks
                ¡Mi Dios! Shoot me now.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I understand that the MSU attire is falsly added on, but please tell me something else is fake about that photo. So... many... rolls...

Comment

noodling_4.jpg
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      I understand that the MSU attire is falsly added on, but please tell me something else is fake about that photo. So... many... rolls...
                      I was thinking what would the Mo St cheerleaders look like and wal-lah!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]159[/ATTACH]
                        Hey now. That is something that's done on my neck of the woods. I would do it if I knew it was a fish I was reaching for, not a snapper or a beaver.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]159[/ATTACH]
                          Real men don't wear no glove when yer noodllin. Thats got to be some city slicker from Witchita.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Hey now. That is something that's done on my neck of the woods. I would do it if I knew it was a fish I was reaching for, not a snapper or a beaver.
                            I thought they were one in the same.

Comment

How many on here have actually gone hand fishin?

Comment

Working...
                              X