I miss the Stormin Morman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss the Stormin Morman!

....watching Romney mop the floor with Gingrich made me think of him.

His offense boards, his fearless drives, and his timely threes. Also, talk about a guy that got a raw deal on foul calls.

Comment

He's doing good, enjoying life after basketball. Look for him at home games in the invited guests section behind the bench with his lovely wife.

I miss his grit and determination.

Comment

I was just thinking the other day that this team really could use someone at his position that can drive the basketball. The offense at times seems to be either get it inside to Stutz or Hall or chuck up a three.

Ellis's ability to sink a midrange shot from the elbow would be useful too.

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post
          I was just thinking the other day that this team really could use someone at his position that can drive the basketball. The offense at times seems to be either get it inside to Stutz or Hall or chuck up a three.

Ellis's ability to sink a midrange shot from the elbow would be useful too.
          Graham was a tough customer.

I also often think how nice it would have been for the program to have been in a position where Aaron could have gotten a redshirt season. As he grew into his body, he presented unique challenges for Valley defenses to control.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            Graham was a tough customer.

I also often think how nice it would have been for the program to have been in a position where Aaron could have gotten a redshirt season. As he grew into his body, he presented unique challenges for Valley defenses to control.

--'85.
            Graham was also BOBB's favorite player. ;-)

He is missed in a lot areas, but none more important than practice time. He busted some teammates azz in practice who weren't personally committed to following the plan.

HCGM counted on him as the fifth member of the coaching staff and with good reason.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I would swap Hatch for Anacreon's minutes in a heartbeat
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Plus the minutes of this year's present replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Graham was also BOBB's favorite player. ;-)

He is missed in a lot areas, but none more important than practice time. He busted some teammates azz in practice who weren't personally committed to following the plan.

HCGM counted on him as the fifth member of the coaching staff and with good reason.
                  I've been thinking that Hatch's basketball IQ was somehow transferred to other players. Maybe that actually happened and this is how it happened.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    ....watching Romney mop the floor with Gingrich made me think of him.

His offense boards, his fearless drives, and his timely threes. Also, talk about a guy that got a raw deal on foul calls.
                    I didn't know Romney played basketball. :smile-new:

Actually, Evan Wessel may grow into that roll. But I don't think Evan is a morman. :smile-new:
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                    X