X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    The line is USF -2.5
    This is a bit surprising to me.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
      If RC has Fred and Ron’s work ethic the sky is the limit for being a outstanding college player. Beyond that, who knows...
      That’s a tremendously enormous ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's stunning. Just to slow down their bigs will be a task. Figuring out lines, especially with mostly empty gyms is a tough task this season.

I figured a 1-1 start to the conference season would be gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Figuring out lines, especially with mostly empty gyms is a tough task this season.
          Man, that's the truth.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The program is still lugging around a lot of respect.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocks steal another one on the road. We have the better guard rotation (thank you Alterique, and, GGG).
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; December 22, 2020, 05:20 AM.

Comment

USF has really not been a good shooting team the last few years. By looking at the stat sheet, this year appears to be different. Maybe they will return to their old ways tonight.

Comment

Good shooting starts with good shot selection. Then add in easy baskets, turnovers/transition baskets and finally good shooters/good shooting.

USF does a better job with their shot selection.

Right now, with our lack of post play/depth, it’s difficult to see us being successful in a half court/grind it out game. We need to get out and use our athleticism 94/50 especially against a team like USF with their monsters inside.

Comment

We win by 6.

Comment

The perimeter play from USF will be tough to contain. They have size (even on perimeter), and Collins is (sort of) another version of OSU's Cade Cunningham. So like OSU....THIS time if it comes down to a late game situation, double team Collins late game and force someone else to make the shot. Please. Collins is a senior, he will make that shot. He may only be 60% from FT line right now, but I guarantee he will make any late game FTs with the game on the line. There are players that can be put on the FT line.

As far as 3 point shooting goes, USF has been pretty choosey on their 3 ball selection (only averaging 17 attempts per game), so they will probably not force too many. Collins barely attempts 2 per game, but he shoots a high pct. That can be bad: meaning they are disciplined and pick their spots and only shoot 3 balls when necessary, and always lopok for the high pct shot.....Or......that can be good: Shocks get up by 5-7 points late in the game and USF has to hunt for the shot and (hopefully) they don't hit them (because they're not used to shooting them?). I know, stupid logic.

I don't like picking against the Shocks. I didn't think there was a snowball chance against Mizzou, but there is a "Lloyd Christmas" chance the Shocks can win this game. If we do, its because someone got hot from outside late game and we escaped with a 4 point win. As Phill Connors would say to that...."close call, folks."

Oh, and GO SHOCKS!

Comment

Dr Wu, what are you referring to re "lines"? Like hockey shifts?

The line is down to -1.5

Comment

I do think USF has a tendency to play sloppy basketball. If we can maintain discipline for longer stretches of game than USF we should have a chance to win.

Comment

A drawback to ESPN+ and away games is you have to listen to local broadcasters for the home team. Not bad if you want to learn more about the home team, but kind of annoying when all they do is talk about the home team or have so-so knowledge of the visitors. Tonight's announcers are the USF radio play-by-play guy and someone who usually does play-by-play for the Tampa Bay Rays. May be a good night to see if one can sync the ESPN+ broadcast up with Mike Kennedy instead, especially since there will be three other away games on ESPN+ in the future where one may want to do the same thing.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Taylor just put out another great article. Two items he highlighted concern me and they both involve Trey Wade.

The article mentions that if you don’t turn around and find Aetna when the shot goes up he will kill you on the boards. So far this year I’ve seen a lot of Trey Wade staring at the ball and waiting for it to come down instead of finding his man and putting a body on him.

Second, USF gives up a large number of open catch and shoot threes and looks at the rim. Trey is a big reason our % in those areas are so bad. There seems to be a lid on the basket for all non mid range looks.

I don’t think Monzy or Seymour is ready to step in to a larger role so we’re going to have to rely on Trey to figure things out. Doing so today would greatly increase our chance of a win.

Comment

they're huge

Comment

Working...
                                X