Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
    I was thinking it could be a former player who's struggling with his game.

Didn't occur to me that a current player who has significantly improved most of his stats would be reaching out for coaching from a grad assistant.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Not just that.

This means Kellen and likely Gregg are watching.

This also means at least one player thinks highly of their opinion.

If he felt like his current coach was giving him enough to work on, he probably doesn’t reach out- at least not like that.

That text is a blatant “Coach me”. And let’s be real- does it make sense to ask an ex-grad assistant for pointers? He knows he is getting Greggs advice.
      I think you are letting your imagination wander and get the best of you. Probably none of the above and not much more than reaching out for advice. Which is smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I think you are letting your imagination wander and get the best of you. Probably none of the above and not much more than reaching out for advice. Which is smart.
        So the player reached out:

to someone not paying attention,

because he doesn’t value their opinion,

because his current coaches are satisfying his need to improve?

Bro.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Bro.
          WTH are you even talking about at this point? Bro.

Comment

Bro.
            Is that a haiku?

Comment

• OBVIOUSLY - IT"S ERIC

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                OBVIOUSLY - IT"S ERIC
                we have a winner

Comment

• I’m thinking it’s TE. I remember in an interview, IB said TE is always going to him asking how he can get better. I think him reaching out to KM isn’t a knock on IB’s coaching or how he feels about him but just another coaches opinion that he values. The kid wants to be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

WTH are you even talking about at this point? Bro.
                    You said nothing in my post was probable, so this was the opposite.

thats wasn’t a “hey, man, hope everything is good.” It was straight business.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      CJax was the second coming of X a week ago, now he can't stay on the floor
                      JoBu was gonna take the 5 spot easily, now he is a long way from being ready
                      Poo needed to be on the bus outa town, now he should be the starter
                      TWjr was gonna take somebody's job, then he don't even get on the floor
                      .........I wonder what they'll all look like in March?
                      My hope is...Better

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Porter and Trevin both have two years of eligibility after this year. We are in good hands. We will see if AG takes advantage of another year after 5 years of college basketball. I have my doubts but as I said, we are in good hands at guard.
                        OK this brings up a question about the ncaa move to give all fall and winter sports athletes an extra or free year of eligibility. What will the scholarship limits be for basketball. We would only lose one normally but if AG decides to come back then we have none unless someone transfers. An extra three scholarships sounds about right to me but how does that play out ong term. Would you lose a scholarship a year until you get back to the original number?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

OK this brings up a question about the ncaa move to give all fall and winter sports athletes an extra or free year of eligibility. What will the scholarship limits be for basketball. We would only lose one normally but if AG decides to come back then we have none unless someone transfers. An extra three scholarships sounds about right to me but how does that play out ong term. Would you lose a scholarship a year until you get back to the original number?
                          Anybody who takes an extra year doesn't count against the scholarship limit. If Gilbert and Wade both stay we still have two open schollies, plus the one for Echenique. We need a post player.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Anybody who takes an extra year doesn't count against the scholarship limit. If Gilbert and Wade both stay we still have two open schollies, plus the one for Echenique. We need a post player.
                            I’m confused...not that it takes much...but if we have 13 guys on scholarship right now, how do we have “the one for Echenique?”

Other than that, I agree with you. AG and WadeSr can stay without counting and then we can have 13 more scholarships after that, so we can add 2 plus any that open from transfers.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              OBVIOUSLY - IT"S ERIC
                              It can’t be. Kellen said that greats want to get better even after WINS. Erik hasn’t been doing that much lately.
                              78-65

Comment

• I think it’s a little odd that Kellen would share that with the public. The guy reached out to him privately and Kellen let’s the world know. I’m not a Kellen hater but I do hate the way the younger generation thinks they have to broadcast everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X