No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Tre Wade, I think Trevin is a better shooter. But I do not thinkTrevin is a true pg but more like a combo guard. Because he is a lefty, he reminds me of a more athletic Joe Ragland. I think he will contribute to this team. But all of these players have got to learn their limitations. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Was that early in the game where it looked like CJ was jawing at a Hurricane? If so, I saw it as well...
      It was the first timeout immediately after CJ jacked up that stupid long 3 (though also took a charge right after)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It was the first timeout immediately after CJ jacked up that stupid long 3 (though also took a charge right after)
        That was a bomb making ES proud...
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That was a bomb making ES proud...
          I'm really trying hard not to draw too much of a conclusion yet ... but there are some parallels between ES and CJ (poor shot selection with a quick trigger, really good motor, really raised confidence portrayed on social media, less than stellar reaction to being coached). Let's hope he's a little bit more moldable than ES was ...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Dex and Mo accounted for over half of the teams turnovers, 3 and 2 respectively. Team had a total of 9.
            Even worse is they had 2 rebounds between them. 5 turnovers and 2 rebounds won't cut it. Mo fouled out in 10 minutes. Some things never change.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• It looked to me like CJ was nervous when he hoisted that loong 3. D rattled him a little?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sure but it is only the second game of his D1 career. On the road against a conference foe. Lucky for us, we have Mo and Poor Bear (I know I know) to help carry the load as he progresses. It will be interesting to see him develop. I think he has the potential to raise our ceiling this year depending on when/if things click.
                I'm not saying to totally bench him. He needs to play at the right time. But he is still thinking instead of reacting and his spacing with the others isn't good (he is in the same spot as another player many times, forcing the other player to find an open spot, because it appears that JB doesn't notice it). I didn't trust him at the end of the game to do the right thing yet. I felt better yesterday if Poor Bear or Morris U. were in the game without a commanding lead. Yesterday though, one was hurt and the other fouled out without playing very much. I hope that Poor Bear continues to step up because I still think with confidence, PB appears to be our best option this year at the 5.

You can see that Josephat hasn't seen very much court time yet (this year or even in Prep School). When Josephat learns to react without thinking about where he should be, or what to do with the ball besides shoot it when he is open from 20' away, he definitely has the best talent potential of all of our bigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not saying to totally bench him. He needs to play at the right time. But he is still thinking instead of reacting and his spacing with the others isn't good (he is in the same spot as another player many times, forcing the other player to find an open spot, because it appears that JB doesn't notice it). I didn't trust him at the end of the game to do the right thing yet. I felt better yesterday if Poor Bear or Morris U. were in the game without a commanding lead. Yesterday though, one was hurt and the other fouled out without playing very much. I hope that Poor Bear continues to step up because I still think with confidence, PB appears to be our best option this year at the 5.

You can see that Josephat hasn't seen very much court time yet (this year or even in Prep School). When Josephat learns to react without thinking about where he should be, or what to do with the ball besides shoot it when he is open from 20' away, he definitely has the best talent potential of all of our bigs.
                  I agree that he is a little confused at times. I noticed when he went up to set screens for the guard with the ball he did a good job, but there was always someone else in that space too. Also, the guards are not waiting for him to get set so they can use the screen as intended. We don't seem to run many pnr or slip screen plays? AG or CP either one can execute those. Last year our pg options were not good at it. Maybe our 5's can't finish?
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    It looked to me like CJ was nervous when he hoisted that loong 3. D rattled him a little?
                    I recall him having a layup swatted away; maybe it messed with his mind a little and zapped his confidence.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm really trying hard not to draw too much of a conclusion yet ... but there are some parallels between ES and CJ (poor shot selection with a quick trigger, really good motor, really raised confidence portrayed on social media, less than stellar reaction to being coached). Let's hope he's a little bit more moldable than ES was ...
                      Couldn’t disagree more. Agree less? Either way I think this is way off.

Comment

• -Some freshmen come in with no confidence with scared looks on their face and some freshman come in looking like RC IV, dude is going to be legit.
                        -1 thing that HCIB said on the post game was Craig Porter has missed 42 days or practice from covid stuff, that is pretty crazy. I imagine he going to look better as the season progresses.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• This team seems to really enjoy playing together and looks like they're having fun while doing it. I'm not sure that's something we've seen in a long time.

I liked seeing IB huddle the guys who didn't play together immediately after the game. I'm sure he was happy with the win, but it also shows that he prioritizes keeping the team morale high, even for the guys who aren't getting minutes. I loved that during that huddle, Seymour was interested in making sure he was hyping up his teammates as they were leaving the floor. I'm not sure we would have seen that last year.

As bad as the off-season was, it really seems like this team is together right now. IB should take a lot of the credit for that.

IPBC had a good game. I hope he continues to play like that. MU can't defend and gets lost on the block offensively. He either travels or steps out of bounds while trying to do his post moves. JB just seems lost.

DD might be one of the best defensive players in the country.

Comment

• Before seeing the new comers play I was pessimistic but it's pretty hard to deny now the team has some
                            promising new pieces. Porter and RC have not only shown above average athleticism but remarkable poise
                            in their PT thus far. Our bench is now much deeper with quality back ups. The only question marks are
                            the three centers and a couple players yet to see action. I really like the energy of the team and what appears
                            to me as faster play by pushing the ball more. With our new found depth each and every player can play
                            their hardest the minutes they are in the game without having to try and conserve energy. As for the centers
                            I saw a difference game face on Poor Bear last night and I liked it - want to see more of it. JB has no where
                            to go but up and as he does who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Couldn’t disagree more. Agree less? Either way I think this is way off.
                              I'm just gonna blame it on PTSD .. or maybe its PESD (Post-Erik Stress Disorder)...

Like i said, it's just was an initial reaction and not jumping to conclusions yet.

Comment

• Despite some really head scratching decisions on offense Clarence Jackson still scored 6 points in 7 minutes of action. He definitely needs to reign in some of his wild offensive tendencies and improve his defensive focus but I’m still very high on him going forward. And that’s not to say anyone else has jumped off his bandwagon, I know that’s not the case.

Jackson, Ricky Council and Craig Porter have all shown they are ready to contribute, to varying degrees, from day 1. Based on what we’ve seen from those three would anyone be surprised if Jenkins or Seymour flash too when they finally see the court?

Maybe I’m premature here but I want to say thank you to the current coaching staff and GREGG MARSHALL for what seems to be an incredible job not only replacing but potentially upgrading the talent after last years blessing in disguise (aka “the mass exodus”).
                                Last edited by pie n eye; December 16, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X