No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s the three headed monster. We just need at least one of them to step up each night. Tonight it was Poor Bear. Last game it was Udeze and Bilaut. It’ll probably be someone else on Friday. This is the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      It’s the three headed monster. We just need at least one of them to step up each night. Tonight it was Poor Bear. Last game it was Udeze and Bilaut. It’ll probably be someone else on Friday. This is the way.
      Bilau shows athleticism, talent potential and rebounds well enough. But sometimes he looks like a fish out of water. He’s not trustworthy yet during times of stress and pressure.

Comment

• I’m not sure how good Tulsa is. It’s early but they’re currently 97 on KenPom. That seems about right and could see them finishing better than that.

Under Haith they’ve finished 1-4 and no worse than 7th (twice). It’s not the same team but they beat Houston at home last year.

It’s a long season but this is pretty big win if we want to finish in the top half of the American. Plenty of lessons to take away and things to improve but they’re learned while gaining a conference road win.

Outside of Houston the best current KP rank is SMU who is somewhere in the 50s. I really believe we have the pieces to be that good or better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Bilau shows athleticism, talent potential and rebounds well enough. But sometimes he looks like a fish out of water. He’s not trustworthy yet during times of stress and pressure.
          Sure but it is only the second game of his D1 career. On the road against a conference foe. Lucky for us, we have Mo and Poor Bear (I know I know) to help carry the load as he progresses. It will be interesting to see him develop. I think he has the potential to raise our ceiling this year depending on when/if things click.

Comment

• Got to watch the game (knowing the result in advance and scores by half). I have to say the team actually played good offense through out most of the second half. Missed a lot of open shots, free throws and Tulsa did a good job mucking it up ...

lots to be excited about.

Comment

• Ricky Council and Dexter Dennis could be a really nasty defensive duo. Ricky gives me Tekele vibes so far. Calm demeanor, good defender already, knack for hitting a shot, getting a steal or rebound when we need to change the momentum.

Comment

• Mo actually had a couple of nice passes this game. One to Trey Wade who missed then another to Jackson who actually made the shot.

He also drop stepped to his left one time. I wasn’t sure he even knew that was legal.

Didn’t think there was much there on a couple of his fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

More than anything, he needs muscle. I like his style and effort, but bigs are going to push him where they want him.

Comment

• I'm coming around to hcib. Allot of improvement these last 2 games, both individually and as a team. If he can hold a locker room and recruit, I think he'll work out pretty nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                      I'm coming around to hcib. Allot of improvement these last 2 games, both individually and as a team. If he can hold a locker room and recruit, I think he'll work out pretty nicely.
                      I am seeing a much more assertive Lou Goudino.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                        I'm coming around to hcib. Allot of improvement these last 2 games, both individually and as a team. If he can hold a locker room and recruit, I think he'll work out pretty nicely.
                        Agree with you; enjoyed watching his management of the team and game flow. Tough that CJ wouldn't look him in the eye when HCIB was calling his play out but both seemed to handle it well.

Comment

• Council reminds me of Mo Evans with his build and his game.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Agree with you; enjoyed watching his management of the team and game flow. Tough that CJ wouldn't look him in the eye when HCIB was calling his play out but both seemed to handle it well.
                            Was that early in the game where it looked like CJ was jawing at a Hurricane? If so, I saw it as well...

Comment

• Trey Wade really has the green light this year and I'm having a hard time understanding some of his shot selection. Clarence Jackson didn't seem to have his motor going quite like he did the first 2 or 3 games, maybe it was because they were on the road? For me the biggest takeaway is Mo only played 10 minutes due to foul trouble and Tyson also had first half foul trouble and we still found a way to get a road win over a team expected to finish ahead of us in the conference. A big part of that was Poor Bear. Bilau to me looks like he hasn't practiced in a very long time. I think we have our backup guard in Craig Porter. He offers so many things that Trevin likely won't. If CP is even a decent shotmaker then he is worth his weight in gold. RC4 has an ugly shot but it went in for the most part. I think his tenacity and athleticism will end up being his biggest assets. Alterique was just what this team needed and I'm thankful we have him. Looking forward to seeing Jaden Seymour and Chaunce Jenkins. Onto Emporia and USF!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Trey Wade really has the green light this year and I'm having a hard time understanding some of his shot selection. Clarence Jackson didn't seem to have his motor going quite like he did the first 2 or 3 games, maybe it was because they were on the road? For me the biggest takeaway is Mo only played 10 minutes due to foul trouble and Tyson also had first half foul trouble and we still found a way to get a road win over a team expected to finish ahead of us in the conference. A big part of that was Poor Bear. Bilau to me looks like he hasn't practiced in a very long time. I think we have our backup guard in Craig Porter. He offers so many things that Trevin likely won't. If CP is even a decent shotmaker then he is worth his weight in gold. RC4 has an ugly shot but it went in for the most part. I think his tenacity and athleticism will end up being his biggest assets. Alterique was just what this team needed and I'm thankful we have him. Looking forward to seeing Jaden Seymour and Chaunce Jenkins. Onto Emporia and USF!
                                Agree on Trey Wade’s shot selection. I do understand why he’s taking so many shots. As a senior and one of four returning players who got significant minutes last year he’s the obvious choice to be the 3rd or 4th option behind Etienne, Gilbert, and Dennis. Hopefully as the new guys get more comfortable there won’t be as much pressure on him to try and be that guy every game. I don’t think Trey is a great three point shooter but he’s better than what he’s shown. Shoot 2-4 per game, make 1-2 seems about right for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X