No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morris Udeze is a complete liability out there. I’d rather have Brett Barney at the 5. The guy is literally painful to watch. Just when you think he’s hit rock bottom, he pulls out a shovel and starts digging.

Comment

• I feel some are harder on Wade than they should be. I know he is a senior and should be doing better but damn. He played well on defense which is probably one of the reasons CJ didn’t play much. Wade made some shots tonight and seemed like a silent contributor to me. I hope this game helps his confidence and he continues to be the player people are expecting out of him. I’m sure some of you will come at me with my comment. I’ve always liked people who can play defense more than score buckets. Probably because that was how I played. Sorry in advance for any annoyed/disgruntled readers of this post lol

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
        I feel some are harder on Wade than they should be. I know he is a senior and should be doing better but damn. He played well on defense which is probably one of the reasons CJ didn’t play much. Wade made some shots tonight and seemed like a silent contributor to me. I hope this game helps his confidence and he continues to be the player people are expecting out of him. I’m sure some of you will come at me with my comment. I’ve always liked people who can play defense more than score buckets. Probably because that was how I played. Sorry in advance for any annoyed/disgruntled readers of this post lol
        No disgruntlement here. I just don't like his game. He can't shoot with any consistency. If he leads us in shots taken like he did tonight we will lose badly on a consistent basis. We survived tonight against a so-so opponent.

Comment

• My problem with Wade is that he thinks he’s a 3 point shooter and he’s not. He hit his first one and I knew more attempts were to follow. I told my son that they were going to let him shoot those all day long. He has a decent mid-range shot, stick to that and crash the boards and he can help this team. We don’t need another 3 point shooter, we have enough of those...

Comment

• Gilbert is a shoot first pg. He can create his own shot which is good. Porter has better court awareness and passes first. He also rebounds and defends well. TE is our best spot up shooter. 2 of those 3 guys need to be on the court at all times. Need DD to figure out his offense and REBOUND. Need a serviceable 5 so may just have to go with who is playing well at the time. JB has the biggest upside and hopefully gets there soon.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
              I feel some are harder on Wade than they should be. I know he is a senior and should be doing better but damn. He played well on defense which is probably one of the reasons CJ didn’t play much. Wade made some shots tonight and seemed like a silent contributor to me. I hope this game helps his confidence and he continues to be the player people are expecting out of him. I’m sure some of you will come at me with my comment. I’ve always liked people who can play defense more than score buckets. Probably because that was how I played. Sorry in advance for any annoyed/disgruntled readers of this post lol
              I don't think anyone will "come at you" for your comments (Shoxaac might because he can be a jerk sometimes...like on a golf course) Each of the players have some short comings and we all expect them to be better than they are sometimes. I see loose balls on the floor and lots of diving and grabbing but for whatever reason expecially tonight they weren't sticking to any Shocker hands. I guess I appreciate the fact they represent WSU and spend a great deal of time practicing their craft. Don't recall much about TW's game except the nice mid range shot second half from the left wing. I will rewatch the game to get a different perspective about the game since I know the ultimate outcome now. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

No disgruntlement here. I just don't like his game. He can't shoot with any consistency. If he leads us in shots taken like he did tonight we will lose badly on a consistent basis. We survived tonight against a so-so opponent.
                I need to get ahold of the stats quicker. Didn't realize he led the team in shots taken tonight. You are right in that he is not a good three point shooter. I would like to see more mid range shots aka Evan Wessel.

Comment

• Sometimes I think Udeze feels he has to block every shot and makes pointless fouls. His last foul he forced the guy into a really tough shot and he just baled him out by slapping down. He needs to be smarter, he has some decent moves but he forces things and he definitely isn’t much of an assist guy. He needs to figure out his limits and play to his strengths.

Comment

• This team. I may be alone in saying this, but I already feel like there is better chemistry and heart in this team than we’ve seen the last 2 years. Some of us noted, even early in the last few seasons that “something was wrong” with those teams. There were issues that were showing themselves on the floor and, as we found out later, in the locker room. I don’t sense that with this team. There may be some jumbled play and messes on the court, but I like watching this team and seeing the potential that is there. Will it all come together? Who knows. But, I like much of what I’m seeing even if I have to cover my eyes at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                      My problem with Wade is that he thinks he’s a 3 point shooter and he’s not. He hit his first one and I knew more attempts were to follow. I told my son that they were going to let him shoot those all day long. He has a decent mid-range shot, stick to that and crash the boards and he can help this team. We don’t need another 3 point shooter, we have enough of those...
                      You're talking about Mo aren't you?

Comment

• Dat dunk, dat pass...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          You're talking about Mo aren't you?
                          For sure, forgot about his brother..

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

I need to get ahold of the stats quicker. Didn't realize he led the team in shots taken tonight. You are right in that he is not a good three point shooter. I would like to see more mid range shots aka Evan Wessel.
                            Actually, Wade and Gilbert lead the Shocks in shots, which IMHO, is not a good thing for either of them to do that, much less both in one game unless Wade can get his %s back up above 30% 3pt and 40% FG.

Gilbert has never been a solid shooter in his college career: 31.6% 3pt, 36.6% FG, and 70.5% FT. His experience as a floor general and a "coach on the floor" will be the biggest advantage for the Shocks.

Comment

• Some of the lineups and sub patterns were perplexing and frustrating. Not sure where Council was at times in the second half, but the bench isn’t a place he should’ve been. IB needs to work on his rotations a little better.

Porter was impressive, as was Poor Bear.

FTs were a bit of a problem.

Overall, I’ll take the road W despite kind of a disappointing ending. Hopefully the coach and players continue to learn. We need some refinement on offense.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dex and Mo accounted for over half of the teams turnovers, 3 and 2 respectively. Team had a total of 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X