No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockRef alluded to it, but while AG had good stats on assists, TOs, we will be in trouble if he has is tied for the most shots taken in a game like tonight. He averaged 8.5 ppg last year. Porter is playing the point more like a PG, but then he may have had Ricky in the game most of the time he was playing.

Comment

• Ah yes... Right where we belong
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• When he dribbles the ball into 4 guys and they take it away, that's not a turnover?

Comment

• Good 1st half. Tulsa made adjustments and made it tough in the 2nd. We have some kind of talent. Poor Bear needs to start. Mo is back fouling again and makes poor decisions when he gets it down low. He has to learn to pass it back out. Good win on the road. Get back to practice and clean up some stuff. Really really glad they added the game on Friday. Hope they schedule another game even if it is another D2 team. They need to play as much as possible between conference games.

Comment

• Our schedule is pretty favorable through the end of the year. Should be the right types of games to help the team keep figuring each other out.

Comment

• Good win, some really good stretches of play. Some really good defense first half, and PoorBear had a pretty consistent game at both ends. Udeze got a case of the fouls and that always seems to affect his whole game. Council is going to be a stud and Gilbert was a big one year get for us. Proud of the guys, they’ve been through a lot over the last six months. I think we have a pretty good core, just need more from our frontline players as far as consistency.

Comment

• OK I have to admit I had to get up and leave the room from the 4 min mark to the 2 min mark. The short arm free throws by the Shocks were killing me as was the phantom fouls being called. I get upset and then the wife gets upset with me so it's a lose lose situation. Leaving helped my mental health. Tonight was as bad/frustrating as not being able to go to the games or out in general. If we can put two halves together like the first half we have a contendah. We have seen what two bad halves look like and their result. Probably need to practice more against a zone. Rebounding was much improved and we were able to push the ball upcourt to get some easy buckets. Didn't give up a whole lot on the other end as well. Defense was good as it has been . Need to have a different scenario while letting the clock go to 10 and then basicly punting the ball with no or a poor shot. AG did not have a good night penetrating. All in all a better effort all the way around. Looking at the Shocker huddle toward the end of the game with Tulsa making their runs each of the Shockers looked focused and serious. No fear just determination. Etienne even laughed at his first attempt at the free throw line late in the game. That is the sign of a confident young man in his abilities. A win is always good but it is even sweeter when it comes with the defeat of Tulsa. The empty arena should be more normal to the Tulsa players so it must have been the piped in crowd noise that took them out of their game. Sterling needs to get used to what he witnessed tonight because those Shockers as young as they are beat a mature Tulsa team tonight at their house. As I have stated in other comments I think the talent level is better than the ones they replaced and being able to practice together is only going to make them a better team. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                  Good win, some really good stretches of play. Some really good defense first half, and PoorBear had a pretty consistent game at both ends. Udeze got a case of the fouls and that always seems to affect his whole game. Council is a stud and Gilbert was a big one year get for us. Proud of the guys, they’ve been through a lot over the last six months. I think we have a pretty good core, just need more from our frontline players as far as consistency.
                  I believe your thought is more accurate with three words removed.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Its a road win so we will take it. ButI am disgusted with the play of Tre Wade. I don't care what his stats are in this game. He misses wide open layups. Can't grab a ball anytime. To many balls just bounce off his hands. Doesn't go down on the floor for loose balls. Apparently all shocker players have forgotten how to grab loose balls. But you would expect more out Tre Wade. He is a 5th year senior.

Morris U is a turnover machine. Probably leads the team in turnovers. This is how it happens. Catch the ball in the paint do a spin move throw the ball away. Catch 5he ball in the paint do same spin move step on the out of bound line. Catch the ball in the paint do a spin move and charge into the defensive player. I don't know what former Coach Marshall was 5alking about him shooting 3 pointers, looks like he needs to find another move in 5he paint. Here is an idea., how about posting up strong and shooting the dam ball.

I like AG with the ball 8n his hands with 5he shot clock winding down. Reminds me of SHJ. But he needs to make his free throws. So do ALL of them. Go shocks.
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• We will enjoy a road win against last Season`s. Tri-champ.. Solid first half , and the Shocks did Not let it slip away.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• This team has way more upside than last years. Is there time to reach their potential with the shortened season?

I feel more comfortable when Gilbert is in the game. He can get a shot off whenever we need. I thought he missed a couple of opportunities to hit Dexter down court and would like to see some more hustle and desire one a few plays but I like having him on our team. Why did he pass the ball to Dennis on that one possession?

I’ll just echo what everyone else said about Porter and Council. I like when those guys are on the floor.

Hopefully we can get a glimpse of Jenkins and Seymour on Friday. I’ve heard a lot of positivity about Jenkins lately.

I like our guards so much better this year.

There is still a lot to improve on.

Comment

• Happy for the W. First half Shockers were actually fun to watch for much of the game - with the off-ball movement, cutting, passing, and scoring. Defense was active with only a few lapses. I hit the nail perfectly when I said Tulsa was not a good FT shooting team, otherwise WSU may not get this W. Happy for many of the newcomers - not mentioning any names. Just happy that the game wasn't super easy in the 2nd half. Hopefully makes 'em work hard in practice and realize you can't take plays off. Lots to work on and much to be excited about. Looking forward to the next game. Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I believe your thought is more accurate with three words removed.
                            True,true ...I stand correct. He’s going to be fun to watch. He’s Dexter with handles

Comment

• Shox got punched in the mouth coming out of the half. As I recall, last year's team did not respond well to that. This group of Shox took that punch and instead of going down for the count, they fought back - then held on down the stretch.

Don't I remember another game this year when the Shox came out really flat after the half? IB may need a little work on his half-time approach. Haith clearly outcoached him in the locker room.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We are really in trouble at the 5. Morris is a bust. Chandler is too inconsistent. Bilau is a major project.
                                I just don't care for how Wade plays. He is not a shooter, not a ball hawk, not a consistent rebounder.
                                In another handful of games Jackson will be a go-to player in the frontcourt.
                                Dex is a very good defender and that is all he can be counted on for. Stop it with the NBA bullshat.
                                Tyson will be fine.
                                Gilbert is a go-to guy and can run the offense. He dribbles too much for my taste however.
                                Council and Porter are here to stay and will make us winners.
                                Trevin is lost in the shuffle, but I like his defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X