8 conference games left......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 conference games left......

...best case scenario would obviously to run the table, and the team is playing very well.

However, there are precious few 'gimmes' in that group...I think I'd be thrilled with 6-2 or 7-1....

This IS a special group!

Paul Sullentrop was on WIBW sports talk yesterday in Topeka. He thought that both WSU and Creighton would both have losses by the end of the year.

Comment

I think we'll lose at least two more MVC games. @CU (we just don't match up well against them) and one or two of (@DU, @MSU and @ISU-red). Yes, we're a good road team but I just feel we're going to lay an egg somewhere down the line.

What's crazy to think about is that CU and WSU are the only teams not within one game of playing on Thursday in STL.

Comment

I'm having as much fun watching the inner workings of how all those other games, not involving WSU or Creighton, play out...pretty even, not much rhyme or reason.

Comment

I like the current standings just because it puts a lot of pressure on other teams to try and stay out of that play in game. I am glad we aren't currently part of that equation.

Comment

Hard to image that we would see, this far into the conference schedule, the difference from last to 3rd place is the same as it is from 3rd to 1st place.

Comment

Here are Nolan's predictions for the Valley:

Current Predicted
              Creighton 9-1 16 - 2
              Wichita State 9-1 15 - 3
              Northern Iowa 4-6 10-8
              Missouri State 5-5 9-9
              Drake 5-5 9-9
              Illinois State 5-5 9-9
              Evansville 5-5 8-10
              Indiana State 3-7 7-11
              Southern Illinois 4-6 5-13
              Bradley 1-9 2-16
              That's giving UNI a strong finish. UE fans will be disappointed.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Here are Nolan's predictions for the Valley:

Current Predicted
                Creighton 9-1 16 - 2
                Wichita State 9-1 15 - 3
                Northern Iowa 4-6 10-8
                Missouri State 5-5 9-9
                Drake 5-5 9-9
                Illinois State 5-5 9-9
                Evansville 5-5 8-10
                Indiana State 3-7 7-11
                Southern Illinois 4-6 5-13
                Bradley 1-9 2-16

That's giving UNI a strong finish. UE fans will be disappointed.
                RPIForecast:

WSU -- 15-3
                CU ---- 15-3
                UNI --- 10-8
                MSU -- 10-8
                DU ---- 9-9
                Ill St -- 9-9
                EU ---- 8-10
                SIU --- 6-12
                In St -- 5-13
                BU ---- 3-15

And the Trees won't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And the Trees won't like that.
                  I'm sure the Trees don't like what they are doing right now. I'm sure we are ALL disappointed in them at this point. It's pretty pathetic.

Comment

The shockers are capable of running the table the rest of the way. But as we saw a couple times this season, sometimes they just don't show up. Stutz has been playing inspired basketbal, if he can keep it up, it puts a lot of pressure on other teams defenses. Go shocks!
                    “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

After seeing us march through the NIT last year, I think anything is possible. But between us and CU, we definitely have the bumpier road the rest of the way. My expectation is that we play our best and finish strong. No late season fade like MTs teams used to have... Let's go Shox. No slip ups between now and the CU game. GO SHOX!:poster_wu:
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again but lets just take one (1) game at a time and see what this team can do.

Comment

Just curious, what game have we "not shown up" at this year. This years squad seems to be on a mission.

Comment

This becomes a very rough part of our schedule. Ihope our team remains focused and can take care of business. Lets start with DU on Sat.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              Just curious, what game have we "not shown up" at this year. This years squad seems to be on a mission.
                              I'd say Puerto Rico. We were still trying to play as players instead of playing as a team in those two losses.

Comment

Working...
                              X