Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Interesting how this would come out as the current Wichita Eagle headline continues to read “Eight is enough”.
    Pretty sure their lights are only on at the remote Wichita office M-F from 8am to 4pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Just 5? I thought it would be more than that.
      Just 5? When I first saw it I thought it said 25. Time t get your big by pants on!

Comment

If true I’m very interested to see what Council and Seymour can do today. We know both are long and athletic. Can they provide an effort similar to Clarence Jackson’s on Wednesday?

IIRC the word on the street was that only two guys tested positive for COVID. Which would mean it’s possible another guy will be eligible to play today along with Council and Seymour. I would take either Porter or Bilau but my hope is Bilau because I feel more confident in the guard position with Gilbert, Etienne and Trevin Wade.

Comment

I'm not expecting too much from the guys who not only are new but haven't been able to practice or even potentially condition for 2 weeks. They will be bodies at least though that might allow the team to be more aggressive on defense

Comment

In the past there have been pre game predictions. I guess with all the new players and the virus everyone is
            reluctant. Can not be real positive about winning today so I'll say 84-71 Tigers but I'll enjoy watching as always.
            Anyone else ready to predict ?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              If true I’m very interested to see what Council and Seymour can do today. We know both are long and athletic. Can they provide an effort similar to Clarence Jackson’s on Wednesday?

IIRC the word on the street was that only two guys tested positive for COVID. Which would mean it’s possible another guy will be eligible to play today along with Council and Seymour. I would take either Porter or Bilau but my hope is Bilau because I feel more confident in the guard position with Gilbert, Etienne and Trevin Wade.
              This would be huge. Must play much more aggressive D today. More fouls to give might pay off big.

Comment

Things I’d like to see today:

- Dex come alive and make contributions, whether it’s rebounding, making shots, whatever

- Tyson’s shot selection improve, and continue to make shots

- Alterique make more plays for other guys

- Poor Bear to get more minutes, think if he can be a semblance of a shooting threat from the perimeter it opens up our offense a bit

- defense/communication take a step forward, as well as defensive rebounding

- then just the new guys continue to get after it. I’m eager to see what we have in Council and Seymour even if it is limited minutes

Go Shocks.

Comment

Down to Missouri -4.5

Comment

If we keep it as a single digit loss I will count that as success. Less than five big success. A victory would be mine blowing. And awesome. If we get the same output from everyone except Dexter, who gives us 15 points, we will definitely keep it in single-digits

Comment

I wish we had 10,000 fans in the stands today.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Most teams I have seen this year have played better in their second game compared to the first. Here's hoping the Shockers follow that trend. I refuse to let myself get intimidated by Mizzou.

Comment

Mike said no extra guys. Wtf.

Comment

Kansas and the American blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Mike said no extra guys. Wtf.
                              But they are all out there suited up?? Did I hear that right?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

But they are all out there suited up?? Did I hear that right?
                                Did he say they are warming up? Lol what?

Comment

Working...
                                X