Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
    Thank God for AG man. That dude is the truth. And Clarence is probably our second most important player just because of his energy and effort.

I think Mo needs to realize as an undersized big, when you have the ball on the block, you gotta find a way to make them foul you. Shot fake, go through them. Drop step, shot fake, get fouled. He can’t keep trying to shoot those hook shots over those guys, they’re too athletic and long

If Dex gets it going in the second half and we clean up some of those mental mistakes and turnovers....
    Jackson also seems to be the only guy that can finish at the rim.

Comment

• We gotta have a little patience till we get our other guys back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        AG is good but definitely is a score-first, pass-second guy.
        I agree. I also see why. Who does he have to pass it to inside? Our offense is going to be a lot of "create your own shot" im afraid.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• You can’t heat up without the offense opening up the shots. No screening and cutting going on.

Comment

• ESPN2. DON`T YOU EVER!!! Shocks have their hands full. Can we out-score these Tigers by 5 in the 2nd half? Nice comeback by the Shocks verses a scrappy defense.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• We need ALL of the big men.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                How about Clearance Jackson, huh? This guy is Shocker thru and thru!
                I kinda like Clearance!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                  I think Mo needs to realize as an undersized big, when you have the ball on the block, you gotta find a way to make them foul you. Shot fake, go through them. Drop step, shot fake, get fouled. He can’t keep trying to shoot those hook shots over those guys, they’re too athletic and long
                  Or draw the defense in and find a cutter or kick it out to a shooter.

Comment

• 0-7 from Tyson and Dexter won't get it done.

Comment

• No doubt it was a fuster cluck most of the first half; didn’t I see Ricky Council IV in for a couple of minutes?
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                        "It's men against children"

"At least everyone's happy now!"

Meanwhile it's a 4 point game at the half. Some of ya'll are much mentally weaker than the players you've attacked the entire offseason
                        Pump the brakes a bit. It IS men against children. Mizzou is bigger, longer and more experienced at practically every position. I realize being short handed adds a variety of problems for us and things should get better when we're at full strength.

However, we had basically no easy baskets. They had several. We had few open shots, while almost every shot we took was contested.

Our best player (Gilbert) carried us with 12 points 4 assists and 4 rebounds. Mizzou got zero from their best player. Yet they still lead.

Look, this Mizzou team will be ranked tomorrow, and is probably a top 15-30 team if they stay healthy. We aren't . But we're not doing much right at the moment, as a team, and that's troubling.

Comment

• I somehow suspect (and HOPE) we see a lot of AG driving to the basket all year.

Comment

• Didn't tyson only have like 4 points at half on Wednesday? Let's get another 20+ point second half from him

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              No doubt it was a fuster cluck most of the first half; didn’t I see Ricky Council IV in for a couple of minutes?
                              Yes.

Comment

• Not a bad half of basketball from a team that has the weight of the world on its shoulders. Its enough of an issue that not even ESPN2 wants to showcase this program. This could not have been an unintentional slight. Thanfully we subscribe to everything here and we even got to see the tip off.

We have Cox internet, Hulu with live TV, and even espn+. You could move the SHocker game to Netflix or even HBO Max and I'm still covered. I just won't go so far as to add Disney+ (i'm a Shocker fan, not a die hard.)

Shox have a lot of fight in them. Kind'a chasotic at times, and we've caught some lucky breaks. Even Missouri caught a HUGE one on the missed travel off the WSU double team down low early. Seriously, what were the refs watching?

2nd half starting. Gonna mmiss that bike ride after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X